Transfers - suggestions/rumors

• well, i have to say that complete selfishness is unacceptable, its great when we say great team work, but in some moments, why not, Robben, Ribery, or any one who can score a solo goal, why shouldnt he give it a try! esp. when he is as confident as Robben. If all the selfishness of Robben didnt help us at all, any body can be against it, but since it worked in two games in a sequence, i am asking Robben to keep on doing it, but not more than 25 % of the times. let me say twice in each game ;)

• by the way, some media talked about bayern signing a new goal keeper, a young one, from the 3rd league, is this true?

• I agree nark, everybody complaining about Robbens selfishness when in fact its taking us very far (next stage in the CL and the final of the DFB Cup). And to geoldes wasnt it because of Robben we got into this stage of the CL? Hes a great player and when the team lacks composure and definition players like him appear to save the day. We should be grateful instead of complaining all the time.

• On Robben, my point is that he has definitely contributed a lot to Bayern this season. I would probably say that he is the best player now in our squad. His selfishness can score a few important goals for us but this will not go far if he continues to play like that because against the like of Man Utd and Barcelona, they would put two quality individuals against him and then he will lose the ball and possession if he forces to dribble through 3-4 players every time.

In fact, since he is able to take on 2-3 players at one time, he should pass a through ball to Ribery or Klose. That will make our attack more effective and can actually score more goals for Bayern that way instead of forcing through by himself every time

On Elia, he has shown that he is one of the best buys for Hamburg this season, but in second half of the season, he is not as effective as the first one. So I dont think he is a direct replacement of Ribery. In fact, I think Krasic is definitely much better than Elia if he is demanding a 20mil Euros price tag.

• Im sure that against Barcelona and Manchester Robben would consider this and change his tactics. Van Gaal will most definitely prepare for this and as a matter a fact Van Gaals playing style is perfect against rivals like Manchester United. I trust our squad and they will prepare properly, lets hope they are just not to tired after the game with Stuttgart. We need to prepare just in case if Ribery leaves, hope he makes up his mind and sticks with Bayern. He is worth it, I reckon that he has been injured through out the entire season, but lets remember his magic in 2007/2008.

• I think we need not just Robben but also Ribery to be on top form in order to eliminate Man Utd. In addition, we have to keep our defence tight enough to not allow them to score.

• True about Ribery, I would even consider resting him against Stuttgart so that he can start against Manchester. Robbery is needed and our defence must keep it tight. Demichelis will probaly play for the game in Old Trafford, but hopefully he will recover quickly :)

• I think Van Gaal should put Olic in the starting lineup again with Ribery being in substitution against Stuggart. But this is not the Bundesilga forum, so I dont want to comment so much here.

In terms of transfer, these are the recent news:
    1). Hoeness said that Neuer will join us in 2011 if not this summer!
    2). Bayern is interested in Howedes as well after Baoteng is linked with Man City
    3). Bayern is tracking Balotelli

• We have to take advantage of Scalkes economic problems and get their defensive players who have proven to be Bayern material. Neur would be an amazing addition to our squad considering Butts performance lately, specially against Fiorentina. Hopefully we can lure these quality players and finish to build up an amazing team with a good offense and defence.

• For rebuilding our defence, I think we have to sign both Neuer and Howedes and possibilly a left defender.

I think Bayern is linked to a lot of defensive players for the past few months as our defence definitely needed improvement in order to compete with the European giants

• Its a deifnite must to get quality defenders. Signing both Neur and Howedes would be fantastic, hopefully they will join us. Our biggest weakness is our defence, we leave too many spaces that allow our rivals to score. We need to sign defenders, quality ones that we can rely on.

• We are again proven right that both Van Buyten and Badstuber arent good enough to sustain a clean sheet. Unforunately, we are always able to take a goal or two, but if our defence loses 2-3 goals every game. Then it will be difficult

• Badstuber back scored the equalizer for Stuttgart. We need quality defenders, they have failed us again. Our defense left too many spaces in w Stuttgart was able to score. This is Stuttgarts first win in the Allianz Arena in more than a decade. This demonstrate our urgent need of quality defenders. I just hope that we can atleast win the double (Bundesliga and DFB Cup) this season.

• badstuber was just unlucky at that goal, and at the second one, magic stick ribery should have stopped that cross, but obviously defense to him is like speaking chinese....

badstuber has a future here, either as a center defender or on the left, but he needs more than a season to develop, gain experience, moral strength, and brains!

• i think badstuber was doing great on the left he was stopping crosses, runs, shots, and even had a few good runs down that left flank does anyone remember those beautiful left footed crosses of his?

• Remembered I said many times that Badstuber played better on the wing than in the center? Against Stuggart, it is again demostrated. Hopefully, Demichelis can recover in time so that Badstuber can play on the wing again

As I said, our squad is a bit out of depth right now especially when key players are injuried and tired. For next season, if we do want to target Champion League and domestic matches, we need to consider signing a worldclass keeper, a worldclass central defender, and a backup right defender and a worldclass striker

• yeah after wasting 33 millions on a "world class" bluff-striker, you expect hoeness to reach the depth of his pocket and pay another 25-30 millions for another striker....don't know why, but i don't think we will see that happening this summer...
    i admit, a central defender, possibly another keeper(though butt isn't bad) and a winger to replace ribery are a must...
    but don't think Easter bunny will make hoeness think on any of these..

• I hope Bayern can buy Dzeko, Toulanlan, Howedes and Neuer. On the sell side, we could let go Rensing, Altintop, Lell and Gortilz. Sell Toni, Klose, Sosa and Tymoshchuk. Continue to loan Breno and Ottl out to Nurnberg

• I am talking the reality. I dont believe Bayern will sign 6-7 new players again every season. Lets be real. I think if we are able to keep Ribery, Hoeness and Nerlinger will try to bring 1-2 worldclass players as probably promised to Ribery and then another 1-2 young potential prospects.

In terms of contract expiries, those players (Rensing, Lell, Gortilz, Altintop) have no chance to stay. Since Van Gaal refused to use Tymoshchuk (mainly because he was bought over from Klinsman's era), I think the club will find a solution for him at the end of the summer unless he is proven to be a key player for us in the next few matches. Both Toni and Klose could be sold as well as they are already over their peaks. Personally, I think Braafheid should be sold as well. He was a failure purchase and Contento and Badstuber are doing well in the left defender role, so he has no place for return. Finally, Sosa should be sold as well as he cant adopt the European football pace, just like Dos Santos. For Breno and Ottl, I think both players are quite effective as bench players even though they might never make it to the first team. So I prefer to give Breno more match practice in other clubs and possibilly get Ottl back if we dont find another replacement for Tymoshchuk

For goalkeeper, we definitely need a worldclass one soon if not next season. So far, Nerlinger might stick with Butt for another season. Otherwise, I think Neuer would join us. For central defender, this is where Bayern should focus most of their capital on. I dont think Mertesacker is a good one as his performance in Werder Bremen isnt anything worldclass. Howedes would be a great addition but he isnt worldclass either. Probably one for the future. Kjaer would be a great prospect as well. For striker, I personally think Bayern should try to sign Dzeko who is a complete striker and will make Bayern a much better team. If we do have additional captial, we should aim to go for a defensive midfielder- either Toulalan (mainly to keep Ribery happy) or Khedira (for a long term solution)

As a summary, here you go:

Out: Braafheid (2mil Euros); Tymoshchuk (8mil Euros); Toni (7mil Euros); Klose (6mil Euros); Sosa (5mil Euros) and the others will be left for free
    In: Howedes (10mil Euros); Kjaer (12mil Euros- contract buyout clause); Dzeko (30-40mil Euros- personally think Wolfsburg will consider selling even at 30mil Euros); Toulalan (12-15mil Euros)
    PS. For Neuer, he would probably cost 15-20mil Euros if we want to force Schalke to sell him, but personally, I think if we can wait another season, his price will drop to 8-10mil Euros and management might prefer to stick with Butt for another season.

Conclusion: For buying all these players without counting Neuer, it could be around 70-80mil Euros. But we could be able to get back possibilly around 25-30mil Euros from the sales as well. At the end, our spending should only be around 45-50mil Euros net, which Bayern is completely comfort in spending that amount of money after better revenue income from TV as well as new contracts with Audi and T-mobile. In between, we could always consider selling Pranjic to generate more income. He should cost around another 5-6mil Euros.

This should be the shape for next season:

Goalkeeper:
    -Butt
    -Kraft

Defender:
    -Lahm
    -Van Buyten
    -Howedes
    -Kjaer
    -Demichelis
    -Badstuber
    -Contento