Transfers - suggestions/rumors

• we need one more player, a striker ( if Gomez leaves ) . if Lewandowski is not allowed to come from dortmund, than we must go for Luis Suarez ;-)

• The problem now is that Gomez will leave if any team offers 30-35mil Euros; fortunately/unforunately, no team has come in with such an offer yet. Real Madrid is more closer to Suarez than Bayern Munich. So if Gomez does leave us, we could possibilly extend Pizzaro's contract for another year and play Gotze as a "false nine" if needed.

However, I would be more concerns on central midfield and defense. Both Gustavo and Martinez are still playing in Confed Cup and probably wont return until late July/early August and with Tymoshchuk left, there is basically no one who could fill up that position since Can is not ready for high level matches based on his performance last season. In defense, with Badstuber out for another season and Dante back late from Confed Cup, Bayern only have Boateng, Van Buyten and Kirchoff for regular central defender. Neither Van Buyten nor Kirchoff would be reliable for high level match.

With all the available budget, we should extend Pizzaro's contract for another season and sign one top midfielder and defender for next season

• Finally, we got a bit more clearance on Bayern's remaining transfers after signing both Gotze and Kirchoff. First of all, both Lewandowski and Rode wont be joining Bayern in 2013 June; instead, they will sign for Bayern for free in 2014 free as both clubs currently arent willing to sell either player at any reasonable price. Secondly, Bayern will confirm in the next couple days that Pizzaro's contract would be extended for another season and Gomez probably wont be staying here for much longer as Bayern is willing to sell him at around 20-25mil Euros (a bargain compared to what Bayern has bought him in 2009 for 35mil Euros). Finally, I believe Bayern will only make one more signing before the close of the transfer window. It will be a central defender who can play ball.

As a result, there will only be a few candadiates hanging- Koscielny, Vermaelen, Abidal, Kompany, Ogbonna, Savic and recently with D. Luiz. Personally, I think we should go for D. Luiz, even though he could be very inconsistent at times, but he is a worldclass defender when he is on form (just like what he has shown against Bayern in 2012 CL final).

• I am right that Bayern has announced the extension of Pizzaro for another season, so as I have predicted Bayern will stick with Mandzukic and Pizzaro as forward for the coming season if Gomez leaves for Italy. Lewandowski would be a free transfer in June 2014 and coming to Bayern then.

However, I think is a mistake if Bayern doesnt sign another central defender sticking with just Dante, Boateng, Kirchoff and Van Buyten for this coming season with Badstuber out for another ten months period. Both Kirchoff and aging Van Buyten arent reliable in late stage Champion League, so basically if either Boateng or Dante is injuried or suspended, our defence would be weakened.

• should Lahm get injured or suspended, can Bayern rely on Rafinha ?

A better back-up to Lahm needs to be acquired!

• I think Rafinha has proven to be useful at least during critical matches last season, although Rafinha would be our weakest link in Champion League late stage. However, I think Weiser could well be Lahm's long term solution if he improves his defensive skill

The only area which I worry about is central defense as Dante and Boateng had lots of matches during the past two seasons. Van Buyten injuries more often in the few seasons and Kirchoff is still unproven in European stage. Bayern's central defense would be the weakest link if either Dante or Boateng is injuried.

• now that Guardiola is around, the youngsters at Bayern have a chance. The likes of Can, Weiser & Hojbjerg are very talented. In some instances, rather than spend money in bringing in a player, the youth can well & truly be natured.

Remember Hummels, he was ours then we let him go, now look at the world class player he has turned out to be!

• i think Guardiola has a big chance of using Hojbjerg as a holding midfielder where he could fill Schweinsteiger and Gustavo as well and move Martinez to central defense as we lack class in central defense with Dante and Boateng are proven defenders.

• if Bayern get Alcantara, gosh I wonder how Pep will field him at the cost of who ?

He is a good player but Bayern already have plenty of attacking options in midfield.

It will be interesting!

• According to almost all media's, Bayern is on the edge to sign T. Alcantara for 18-21.7mil Euros. Based on Guardiola's past coaching history, he loves to sign attacking players rather than defensive players. Again, that leads to Barcelona' lack of depth in defence for the past 3-4 seasons but was badly exposed by Bayern last season.

Does Bayern need T. Alcantara? I understand why Guardiola needs him because he is probably the only player who can break through ultra defensive from the middle. Past season, Bayern has enormous success but most of the attacks come from either wing. We hardly see Kroos, Schweinsteiger, Martinez or Gustavo breaking through from the middle. And the only area which Bayern's attack can improve on is attacking through middle as we are nearly perfection in either wing from Ribery, Robben, Mueller or Shaqiri.

Guardiola has purposely changed the formation to 1-4-1-4 or 1-2-2-1-4 this season. So we would have five attacking spots rather than four from previous seasons. This is how I could imagine Guardiola plays his player this season:

Goalkeeper: Neuer, Starke, Raeder
    Right defender: Lahm, Rafinha
    Left defender: Alaba, Contento
    Right central defender: Martinez, Kirchoff, Van Buyten
    Left central defender: Boateng, Dante, Can
    Central defensive midfielder: Schweinsteiger, Gustavo, Hojbjerg
    Right winger: Mueller, Weiser
    Left winger: Ribery, Shaqiri
    Right attacking midfielder: Kroos, Robben
    Left attacking midfielder: Alcantara, Weihrauch
    Striker: Gotze, Mandzukic, Pizzaro

• to our beloved fans from Manchester (Redcafe;-)) who only get to read those English comments. Stop spreading the BS that Bayern fans don't want Thiago. Looks like our fans from around the world don't want him but the majority of fans in the German speaking thread are quite fond of the player.

• Either Bayern fans like him or no, he would be a Bayern Munich player within days and Guardiola really wants him, thats the fact. So I guess we have to accept T. Alcantara and hope he lives up to media's expectation and helps us to win back to back Champion League title

• So Alcantara has come in, The midfield is really packed now! If a new signing is to made, it has to be in central defense!

• After selling Can to Leverkusen with a clause of buying back, I think Bayern has completed this transfer window. May only Contento or Gustavo could be on their way out. I dont think we will bring in any central defender or other players for the remaining of the transfer window