Transfers - suggestions/rumors

• I think we should keep both Schweinstger and Podolski in many circumstance, since both of them have approached 50 national caps mark even at this young age. I think is quite amagzing. But again, if there is new players coming in, then existing players have to leave, unless we try to have a 30 man squad?

I think Barcelona is very willing to sell both Eto and Ronaldino. Both of them are no longer in their next season plan. Ronaldino might head to AC Milan and Seedorf might leave? He visited Klinsman, maybe hinting something here, since we have lost out our race with Barcelona on Hleb. We have been a failure in transfer market- Gattuso, De Rossi, Pirlo, and now Hleb all staying or going something else.

• <span style="font-weight:bold; font-style:italic">Zitat:</span><br><span style="font-style:italic">I think we should keep both Schweinstger and Podolski in many circumstance, since both of them have approached 50 national caps mark even at this young age. I think is quite amagzing. But again, if there is new players coming in, then existing players have to leave, unless we try to have a 30 man squad?

I think Barcelona is very willing to sell both Eto and Ronaldino. Both of them are no longer in their next season plan. Ronaldino might head to AC Milan and Seedorf might leave? He visited Klinsman, maybe hinting something here, since we have lost out our race with Barcelona on Hleb. We have been a failure in transfer market- Gattuso, De Rossi, Pirlo, and now Hleb all staying or going something else.</span><br>-------------------------------------------------------

Only with Gattuso Bayern failed.

Bayern never was interested in Pirlo. De Rossi just was a rumour, and about Hleb, I think that he was an option if Schweinsteiger was sold.

• Not true, Bayern actually had made contact with AC Milan for Pirlo and Roma for De Rossi too. it isnt just a rumor, but unforunately, we got shut down right away. It is quite sad that we are a failure in transfer market when we are in Champion League next season

• there s no need to panic , last year we were in uefa cup and we still managed to get some worldclass players like toni and ribery , and this year maybe there is no need for such big names to strenghten our squad, for people mentioning etoo i would say that if etoo comes there would be some one named lukas podolski going for sure, he hadnt got enough chance with toni & klose imagine with having toni klose and etoo (few of the best strikers in the world) it would be only a waste of time for podolski to rest at bayern so it will be a non so super striker coming if a strikcer is coming. for other transfers i dont think behrami is good enough for bayern, he plays in lazio and i watch some of their games , he s not a constant good player , soemtimesgood sometimes bad so bayern fans wouldnt like players like this.

• Behrami is definitely not better than Schweinstger, so there is no way that we should buy him in any case. But the fact is if we are able to get Eto, we can always move Podolski to left midfield like what he did for the Germans. I think he plays much better in that position in moving around and having much more contact with the ball and space in midfield. In addition, he combines well with Lahm and Schweinstger there. So I suggest we can play with two defensive midfielder from Van Bommel/Ze Roberto/Borowski, and then Ribery on the right, Schweinstger in the middle and Podolski on the left, but they are inter-changable, like Ribery can move the left or the middle during the game, and same as Schweinstger and Podolski can do the same as well. So it will be extremely hard for opponents to man mark them. Finally, they all got great shooting skill from distance, so always try some long range shots.

• <span style="font-weight:bold; font-style:italic">Zitat:</span><br><span style="font-style:italic">Not true, Bayern actually had made contact with AC Milan for Pirlo and Roma for De Rossi too. it isnt just a rumor, but unforunately, we got shut down right away. It is quite sad that we are a failure in transfer market when we are in Champion League next season</span><br>-------------------------------------------------------

Can you prove it?

That just was a notice in goal. com or in other similar site.

Uli just recognized interest in Gattuso.

• defently the greatest idea would be to move podolski to the wing in midfield this would be of course with no money involved since behrami isnt for bayern class , about transfer roumors i dont believe any transfers until uli or someone else at bayern announces that there is a firm interest in the player or until bayern officialy announce the player s capture, about pirlo transfer i never say on bayern website that bayer nwas interted in the player or never saw staff of bayer ntlaking about them , i think of pirlo it was only a speculation of the midea when ze roberto announced that it would be his last season of playing thenmidea started telling stories of who would be replaced, then borowski was signed immediatly so the pirlo roumor was done by that time , de rossi was also roumored at that time

• <span style="font-weight:bold; font-style:italic">Zitat:</span><br><span style="font-style:italic">Behrami is not the right deal, although he does have some potential, but he is like a player who can play a few good matches in a season, like verus Real Madrid's match last season, but then in second half of the season, his performance defeinitely dropped. Beside, he also didnt play well for Switzland during Euro08.

I think we should really go for 1-2 worldclass players and not the same approach as before where we went for 3-4 new players of around 10mil Euro. I would rather sign 1 player worth 35mil Euro than 4's worth 40mil Euro. I think Bayern has a chance of signing Hleb since Barcelona refused to spend more unless they can sell Eto and Ronaldino. Hleb is around 23mil Euro as stated by Bild.com. And we have afforded it.

I think we should consider Eto too as he is a worldclass striker with lots of power and speed up front where we lack. Either Toni or Klose isnt fast enough to dribble past defenders. Eto will give us different dimension in the game, but again, he is quite expensive, but I think we can negotiate the deal to 30mil Euro or less, as Barcelona is willing to sell both players.

If we do sign Eto, we can let Schweinstger go and play Podolski in midfield.</span><br>-------------------------------------------------------

Ugh. I don't think we need Eto'o. We already have a great pair up front. And getting rid of Schweinsteiger is just absurd. He is a great player and so is podolski. I hope Poldi doesn't move to Koln. That would stink. :(
    But back to Schweiny. I really think we need him on the wing. Him and Lahm on the left or right wing, they're just deadly together. I think he is a great part of the Bayern squad</span><br>-------------------------------------------------------

Bastian Schweinsteiger is my favorite player. I would hate to see him leave Bayern. I think he and Podolski play so well together-- they had great plays during the Euro cup games.

• I dont know, but I just hope that Bayern can really sign 1-2 worldclass new players for next season, since most of our domestic competitors are stepping up, such as Schalke, Hamburg, and Wolfsburg. Obviously, teams like Man Utd, Chelsea, Inter, Barcelona and Real Madrid have much better squad than us. I am not sure if we can really beat teams like that with this group of players. Beside, Bayern again failed in luring Hleb away from Arsenal against Barcelona. So this is another failure.

• everybody says its a failure when bayern dont manage to bring a star player, it also happened when bayern didnt get van nistelrooy, but i dont mind such failures when we manage to get players like luca toni & frank ribery and manage to re make a contract with a player like phillip lahm, i think bayern will still be high up in the CL next term with or even without new stars in the team. i think sometimes star players only make problems for teams such as bayern, last season i must say it was AWSOME unlike the season before, now that the team managed to get so well together we cant afford to buy some star midfielder so that he will break the experience build. i dont think that a player like borowski which is known by all germans at bayern will harm the team because all bayern players which represnt germnay know how he plays

• <span style="font-weight:bold; font-style:italic">Zitat:</span><br><span style="font-style:italic">I dont know, but I just hope that Bayern can really sign 1-2 worldclass new players for next season, since most of our domestic competitors are stepping up, such as Schalke, Hamburg, and Wolfsburg. Obviously, teams like Man Utd, Chelsea, Inter, Barcelona and Real Madrid have much better squad than us. I am not sure if we can really beat teams like that with this group of players. Beside, Bayern again failed in luring Hleb away from Arsenal against Barcelona. So this is another failure.</span><br>-------------------------------------------------------

Why Inter or Real Madrid have much better squad that Bayern Munich? How many players have signed this teams?.

If you really think that Bayern needs two more worldclass players for to win the CL, you'll be very dissapointed, because i dont think that Bayern sign more players, maybe a young striker but not a world star, a midfielder (we have 10 midfielders) or a center-back.

• if u think inter have a more good team than bayern than ur really insane, their last season they didnt manage to win 3 games after each other from the ay they were knocked out from CL , they managed to win the league just because of the 12 points advantage they had before christmas.

last season teams like bayern performed the double than inter , so we should nt compare bayern with inter, about transfers i think we have enough players maybe some star is needed in case someone of OUR starts gets injured (to be secure in CL )

• True, I understand what you guys mean, but again, I want to be fair in my recommendation. I am one of the eldest loyal fans here, probably much longer than some of you here in joining this forum. I have watched 90% of Bayern games for the past 20 years including Bundesilga, German Cup, Champion League and UEFA Cup.

Inter wasnt the best team last season, but again, they have responded it by signing Mourinho as the coach, Mancini, and possibililly a few more star players. I reckon they might have a decent chance in CL this coming season, although I am not saying that they will win for sure.

Luca Toni is probably regarded as an insider and this is his comments:
    The club have invested in Hans Jorg Butt and Tim Borowski this summer, but Toni believes more signings are necessary in order to fulfil Bayern’s ambitions.

He continued, when asked whether the club needs to strengthen their ranks: "We have a good team, but in my opinion it is very clear, yes.”

"In order to win the Champions League you need as many champions as possible. Let's see what Bayern are still prepared to invest."

Here I dont want to say anymore. I think we do need to get 1-2 more worldclass players in order to win Champion League. I agree that we have a great team better than most of the teams in Europe. We are prob one of the best 10 teams in Europe now. But I want Bayern to get to the top three teams that's my wish!

• i agree with u and your wish is fair enough to be completed , i think right now the best team in the world in manchester utd but some bumps came this summer for them even with the ronaldo saga , which if it happens utd will get a bit down, second team i think is barcelona, they have a starred team but sometimes too many stars just shine so much and dont do what they r suposed to do, and i think ronaldihnio will leave and even etoo this will take a bump in barcelona also, then chelsea are also a good team but they still need that something good maybe scolari is able to give it to them, i think this year it could be bayern s year in CL knowing that milan arent in the cup everybody knows what milan r capable of in CL, i think the only threats next year in CL are chelsea , liverpool and real madrid

• I am not sure if Liverpool has a better team than Bayern. But I reckon Inter might have some respond in CL after hiring Mourinho, although he isnt god here. But I think Mourinho can at least take Inter to the quarter-final with the players that Inter has within the team.

I think we just need to grab 1-2 more worldclass players. We would then have enough to test ourselves out there for the next few seasons.

• no no as a team liverpool arent good enough but they r well known for their fortune, always going into the knockout againtst bad teams unlike bayern, inter i dont think they will ever wina CL even if god is coaching them , they just dont have the same atitude they have when playing in italian league , in CL they r scared i think.

for bayern transfers i just saw today that adrian mutu hasnt still renewed his contact with fiorentina maybe he would be a proper guy to have at bayern,and there is an italain player "rosina" currently playing with torino, he said that he would like to leave torino , he is VERY good and plays in midfield and also italian which would resolve the "toni problem"

• I agree, but Bayern used to have the "new Liverpool" mentality, remembered in late 90's and early 00's, Bayern used to win ugly matches with boring score like 1-0, 0-0 and forced into penalty. But this Bayern team is different now. For the past 3 seasons that we were in the Champion League, we conceded 6-7 goals per two games against our opponents- Chelsea and AC Milan twice. I mean any team that conceded that many goals will not qualify. Just as simple as that!

I think the Bayern board is stupid enough not to invest in this summer, although I did see some hints that they were trying to lure players away like Gattuso, Pirlo, Hleb and Gomez. None of them have succeeded. I am not sure why Hoeness and Rumminegge are so naive in financial and transfer market. I am not an expert here, but I have followed Bayern for almost 2 decades, so I guess I will try to make some senses even though I am not always right.

Bayern is a very family oriented club, just like AC Milan, where ex-Bayern players can demand a decent job at Bayern. I understand that this makes players to stay loyal because they understand that they will be taken care of even after retirement. Since football player career is relatively short, players want to have a decent job right after it. Again, this also comes to educational, since many players didnt attend college. It wld be hard to find a decent job without working experience in their 30's. Therefore, many of them wld rather work as a coach, a trainer, or maybe management within a club.

However, world has changed over the past decade. Players' salary has skyrocketing. Many players salary are able to carry them through a decent lifestyle post-professional life, obviously, not to mention the high earners in Premiership. Therefore, players dont stay loyal to a single club as they used to be, given that they dont need to dependable on any club after retirement.

Back to Bayern, although world has changed in Premiership, Spain and Italy, Germany still remains as a friendly working environment. Fans are charged with cheap tickets even Bundesilga stadiums are comparably the best in the world. (Note: Premiership tickets on general are 3-4x more than Bundesilga's). Club management are also not very professional. Many of them are ex-players, with little knowledge of modern business operation, but probably plenty of experience in football. I guess none of them have actually worked in a financial field or have experience in managing a multi-national corporations. Therefore, when it comes to operation and financial, Bundesilga club managers are doing such a poor job in recent times.

Look at Bayern alone, they are the giant in Germany and possibiilly one of the top 5 well-known clubs in the world, obviously, we have a big fans base in Japan and China and South East Asia. In addition, our stadium is work of the art. But we are still unable to attract worldclass talents due to financial limitations. Sometimes, I understand we are in this situation, because financial world is a chain reaction- less star playing in Bundesilga leads to lower in TV coverage and advertisment leads to less stable revenue stream to clubs and obviously eventually we cant spend as much on players as Premiership or others.

Sometimes, I just dont understand as Germany is one of the worldclass financial centers in the world, after US, Japan and possibilly UK. And Bayern is the biggest club in Germany. We are lack of financial support. I am sure that TV operators in Germany must earn more than the ones in Spain or Italy, since they are much smaller in size and population. In addition, I dont understand why we cant jack up the ticket price to 30-40Euro or something, since there should be plenty of people in Germany who can afford it, much more than the people in Spain or Italy? I am not sure if some of my assumptions are wrong, but I dont see why we are in such a bad financial situation than them. Clubs in Spain and Italy are obviously highly leveraged, which means that they are in debt, but which corporate nowadays isnt in debt? If you are able to manage the debt level through operating free cash flow, it should be fine. We dont need to in net cash position where corporate's ROE wld be low, just like what Bayern is doing now!

My suggestion is since Klinsman will turn Bayern around in sport aspect, like injecting new ideas of training, new system of fitness and mental training, we should hire a new professional CFO to run the financial just like what the Premiership clubs did, and obviously, CEO can be an ex-Bayern player who knows about football and can talk about it. Then we will have a much better balance

• Hey does anyone know if Joseph Ngwenya was signed by Bayern or if he is just with the team on a trial. I told you guys a few months back that Klinsmann was interested in the guy. He would deffently be a cheap #4 striker to have on the team. I just hope that Klinsmann can get 1 more big name player into the club, so we have the depth to win the Champions League.