Transfers - suggestions/rumors

• We also have to be thinking about who could potentially be leaving !!! Because those spots will need to be re-filled....

I am under the impression that if Ribery leaves, Luca Toni will leave too.

Let's hope they both stay one more year at least.

It is gonna take alot of convincing and guarantees to keep them both in Bavaria....

• <span style="font-weight:bold; font-style:italic">Zitat:</span><br><span style="font-style:italic">We also have to be thinking about who could potentially be leaving !!! Because those spots will need to be re-filled....

I am under the impression that if Ribery leaves, Luca Toni will leave too.

Let's hope they both stay one more year at least.

It is gonna take alot of convincing and guarantees to keep them both in Bavaria....</span><br>-------------------------------------------------------

Fingers crossed. Maybe the conclusion of Klinsmans rein may provide some appetite for them to stay if they see that this has been done to ensure the success of the club.

• Klinsman is gone, and Heynckes takes over in the mean time. I hope that we have a possibility of standing in the top 2 spots. On transfer, I think we definitely need a goalkeeper, a right defender and an attacking midfielder who can hold the ball and break through the defender in the middle by himself.

• We need to go out and spend big bucks on a Keeper, Right Back, 4th striker and a winger. Guys I would bring in would be Frey, Robben, Gomez, and maybe Grosso. I also think we need to get another CB like a Mexes to come off the bench, and give Breno a little more time to develope.Lastly if we could get Hleb, without letting Ribery go that would be a good pick up.

• <span style="font-weight:bold; font-style:italic">Zitat:</span><br><span style="font-style:italic">We need to go out and spend big bucks on a Keeper, Right Back, 4th striker and a winger. Guys I would bring in would be Frey, Robben, Gomez, and maybe Grosso. I also think we need to get another CB like a Mexes to come off the bench, and give Breno a little more time to develope.Lastly if we could get Hleb, without letting Ribery go that would be a good pick up.</span><br>-------------------------------------------------------

Decent suggestions dude

• I dont agree. Frey would be worth around 20mil Euros. I dont think we should spend that much on a goalkeeper unless he is really worldclass like Buffon or Cech. In fact, I think Borcu, Enke or Adler would be good enough for us if we improve on our defence and defenders.

On Robben, I would agree with you if he was still playing for Chelsea. But have u seen him played recently in Real Madrid? He isnt the same player anymore after that injury. And now, he is sidelined again. I dont want another "Deisler" with us. Beside, he wont come cheap either

On Gomez, again, he isnt a bad striker, but for 30mil Euros? I could be buying better strikers out there. He wouldnt be a bad addition if he comes for 15mil Euros but thats kind of impossible.

On Grosso, come on, he is not even playing well in Inter and now in Lyon. Why buy him? If buying him, just renew Oddo's contract with us. They are both declining worldcup stars.

One thing that I agree with you is that we need a goalkeeper, a left/right defender, an attacking midfielder and possibilly a striker or a central defender. For me, I would prefer Adler or Borcu for us as both will cost around 10mil Euros. Left/Right defender- I would prefer the infamous Bastos or Zhirkov although Chelsea has the upper hand on the later. Both will cost around 15-20mil Euros. As for attacking midfielder, I would prefer someone who can play in middle. Diego would be ideal but he would be too expensive for us. Van Der Varrt, Hleb, and Gourcuff all linked up. Personally, I would prefer for Gourcuff as he is showing his greatness this season at Bordeaux. He will cost around 15mil Euros whereas both Van Der Varrt and Hleb will cost a bit less than 10mil Euros after their recent failure in Spain.

• we really like to talk about transfers but in fact, Bayern never was the club who liked to throw his money on the players. The truth is Bayern should open his wallet wider to achieve a team that could win CL. </span><br>-------------------------------------------------------

That's true. If they ever again want to do well in CL, they just have to be ready to invest in good players. That doesn't mean buying world-class, already proven stars, but buying players that are good enough to bring Bayern further, and doing that every year and not just once in four years after ending up playing in UEFA-Cup.
    </span><br>-------------------------------------------------------

Exactly...just like Arsenal. They didn't excelled in Europe but you could see the quality of those youngsters from the distance.

We have problems in every area of the pitch and even on the bench. We need a coach, a keeper, a defender, a midfielder and a striker.
    1. the coach - Otmar had a lot less and achieved a lot more,(won the championship way before end) so the change of the coach is quite natural.</span><br>-------------------------------------------------------

Hizfeld did more with less? You are kidding me, right? We are playing with exactly the same team as a year before, with the exeption that we don't have Kahn any more (Subs like Boro and Oddo, who are never playing, don't really count, now do they?). And the only place where Hitzfeld did more was in Germany. In Europe (UEFA-Cup, against the likes of Braga, Getafe and ST. Petersburg, mind you, not Barca, Fiorentina, Lyon and Sporting in CL) we did way worse than this year. In Germany, it only worked better, because nobody had played against RIbéry before. </span><br>-------------------------------------------------------

Like I've seen in other posts...I don't know whether you like Klinsman or dislike Hitzfeld, or both :) . The truth is we need a coach who can play like Hitzfeld in championship and like Klinsman in CL ( talking about the results, not the game).

4. the midfielder - Should be a central or central-right player who has great technical skills and great agility.(the most expensive player)</span><br>-------------------------------------------------------

exactly, plus he HAS to be a player who is able and willing to work for the team and doesn't just want to show his own brilliance in every game.</span><br>-------------------------------------------------------

Sadly that's exact what Ribery does sometimes. Maybe the fact that no other player has his technical skills pushes him to do just that, and that is costly sometimes.

<span style="font-weight:bold; font-style:italic">Zitat:</span><br><span style="font-style:italic">5.the striker - again, it's a shame that Bayern had no player viable enough to deputize near Toni with Schalke, so a cold blooded striker it's a must!</span><br>-------------------------------------------------------

They are getting Olic, which is a good thing, but getting a fourth striker (apart from Müller) would also be a smart thing to do.</span><br>-------------------------------------------------------

It's very hard to have 4 strikers. You need to manage a rotation system in which most of the times you end up with no one contented with your decision (as a coach). So the compromise is to get a not-so-good striker who is happy to play 2,3 matches all season.

• We definetly require a GK but who we can attract to the club may be the only matter to contend with.

As I said before, I just don't want Boruc here at this great club....................... one he's not any better & secondly I hate his attitude.

If we could get Adler or Neur fine but am not sure they would be allowed by their respective clubs.

• so this formation will be perfect for us :

Neuer
    Castro-Mertersacker-Huth-Lahm
    Ribery-Rolfes-Schweinsteiger
    Diego
    Gomez-Klose

subs :
    --------
    Butt
    Metzelder
    Huth
    Badstubber
    Tymoschuk
    Borowski
    Marin
    Toni
    Ze Roberto
    Muller

i think that formation has one bad thing which is the central defenders are TOO slow, its just like with germany,m great with headers but no pace at all, huth did some decent game with middlebrough but if u guys know what i mean its the same problem there is with germany s national team , the only bad link is the central defence...

• <span style="font-weight:bold; font-style:italic">Zitat:</span><br><span style="font-style:italic">so this formation will be perfect for us :

Neuer
    Castro-Mertersacker-Huth-Lahm
    Ribery-Rolfes-Schweinsteiger
    Diego
    Gomez-Klose

subs :
    --------
    Butt
    Metzelder
    Huth
    Badstubber
    Tymoschuk
    Borowski
    Marin
    Toni
    Ze Roberto
    Muller

i think that formation has one bad thing which is the central defenders are TOO slow, its just like with germany,m great with headers but no pace at all, huth did some decent game with middlebrough but if u guys know what i mean its the same problem there is with germany s national team , the only bad link is the central defence...</span><br>-------------------------------------------------------

Neur - yes if we can get him
    Castro - possibly, again if we can get him.
    Metzelder - not sure - possibly a good player to partner Lucio
    Rolfes - Don't think he's good enough to play at bayern.
    Diego - strongly linked to Juve & unlikely to come to Bayern.
    Gomez - young & still time to develop
    Marin - Do like the idea of getting our hands on him but just hope he wouldn't be the next young flop like Schlaudraf.............

• i'm interested, why we bought baumjohann, when we could buy marin, who is much more better in his position and younger too

• i just saw on bild that bayern might be temped to sell ribery AND get 25 million + Hleb , then it was saying that that would trigger some middifled stars tempted by bayern like DIEGO & VAN der vaart

• completely true Kevin Bayern thats what i read too. but on which players we can invest the 25 millions? if we think 25 is too much, we should see which kind of player they would buy us? Gerard? Lampard? Ballack? Ronaldinho? if our guys thinks ribery is less than those, it means that they are selling ribery for free!!!

• i think the first one to bring would be diego since he wants to leave werder , secondly i tihnk some great experienced right back would come finally some attacker i think

• <span style="font-weight:bold; font-style:italic">Zitat:</span><br><span style="font-style:italic">i think the first one to bring would be diego since he wants to leave werder , secondly i tihnk some great experienced right back would come finally some attacker i think</span><br>-------------------------------------------------------

I'm not sure Diego will come...first because werder won't probably sell him to bayern, and next because he won't choose us...he spent enough years in germany, i'm sure he will want a bigger, stronger championship....

• In looking at strengthening Bayern, the administration must note that this year many Bundesliga teams were far tougher than last year as many of them invested heavily, the likes of Herta and Wolfsburg....

As for next season, Mutu is rumored to be on his way to Wolfsburg. I believe they are thinking champions league !!!
    Also the latest I read is that Schalke are interested in bringing in Magath as a coach and buying Borowksi from Bayern !!
    In my view these are 2 vital pieces that will make them highly competitive...

On a similar note, and in relation to these happenings. Bayern should and must make a very meaningful and real recruitment this summer.... otherwise there will be more than 5 teams with a stronger squad than us in the Bundesliga.

Cheers,
    - Sari

ps: prepare yourselves mentally for the departure of Ribery, the new rumors sound more realistic than ever...
    Barca has offered 25 M + 8 M in form of a player exchange (either Hleb or Gudjohnsen) !
    All I am saying is sadly and unfortunately all pointers are going in that direction and I am really really hopeful that I am wrong.

• I think we first need to get a direct place to Champion League first and then we will go from there. I think we need to keep Ribery here but again, also need to invest heavily to bring in multi-talent's. What is the point of selling Ribery and bringing in Diego? That wont make our squad more competitive. We should bring in Diego/Hleb/Van Der Varrt, no matter Ribery is leaving or not.