Transfers - suggestions/rumors

• Bayern defintely needs to sign or loan 1-2 players back. We definitely need some reinforcement in defence and possibilly up front. But in defence, we need two extra defenders especially both Gortilz and Lell are basically useless players

• I wish Bayern can sign both Baoteng and Kolarov in the winter period, then we will have a decent defensive department to challenege the second half of the season as we are still in three competition. For our current squad, we have no subsitute in defence except Braafheid, Lell and Gortilz. Both Lell and Gortilz are unused as of today and Braafheid has proven that he still hasnt adopted the Bundesilga's speed yet

• Sari, Baumjohann is a different type of player then Toni or Van Bommel. Selling baumjohann means that Van Gaal has his trust in Ekici-Alaba and that he's making space for the return of Kroos.

@ bbjtin: Boateng and Kolarov would be great reinforcements, but I seriously doubt that they'll come. The attitude of Boateng is also not what it should be and what Van Gaal wants

• I was positive about Baumjohann, and I agree, this certainly means a return of Kroos. I think Bayern is doing the right thing with these transfers, look at the good it did for Kroos to be loan out and get playing time at Leverkuesen. Maybe thats what Breno and Ottl need and they will certainly have with struggling Nuremberg. The good thing is that the squad is certainly decreasing and this means more playjng time for the players who deserve to play. Van Gaal was rigth when he said he couldn't work with 26 players. Lets see who else will go, I honestly think Demichelis should leave and we should get a quality player, we must also remember that Van Buyten, even though his great performance, is over 30.

• I would like to see the club go get Metzelder, and have him try and battle for a starting CB spot and help make our deffense stronger. I wish this was a move we could make this month, but I know it probably wont happen until the summer. Then there is the Ribery deal, I hope we can hold on to hom for atleast one more season. If we do I would like to see the club go out and bring in a top striker, and a elite GK. If the club wants to win the Champions League again, we need to have depth, becuase, you never know when the injury bug will hit the club.

• I only thing i couldnt overstand about the transfers is loaning out Gorlitz. I think he should be sold because he is useless. May be he will leave in the summer.

• @ Chrisco: You are absolutely right chrisco mon ami !
    Moving Baumjohan is a prelude to getting Kroos back....
    But my thinking was, will this be another Trochowski or Hitzelsperger
    lamenting !! It probably will be :)

On a different note, another great signing for Schalke in the form
    of Moriz Volz. He is a player that I respect alot. Proved himself
    in the English Premiership. I expect he will do great in the Bundesliga.

Finally I still wonder if the full backs (R and L) positions have been
    solved !!! ??? There is no depth, and Lahm is out of position....
    It only takes one suspension or injury to disrupt the very fragile
    equilibrium that Van Gaal is elated about !!!

Cheers,
    - Sari

• Guys, i understand that selling Baumjohann is a window of bringing Kroos back. However, this is the matter of next season. This season, we are lack of the depth in defense department. We cant trust the quality of Gortilz, Lell and Braafheid. I am sure that one of our first rank defenders will get into injury and then our reserves cant show their worth. This is what happened to last season when both Lucio, Van Buyten (family reason), Lahm are all injuried against Barcelona

• Yes, but this has nothing to do with Baumjohann.

Contento has joined the squad in Dubai, he's a LB. Alaba could also be seen as a LB (even if he's more like Pranjic, LM who only should play LB if really needed).

As you say, there should come a back-up for Lahm. Lell and Gorlitz aren't what we need. A back up for Lahm would be enough, if possible a RB who can also play CD. Boateng would be a great X, even if I doubt his mentality

RB: Lahm, X and Altintop
    CD: Van Buten, Demichelis, Badstuber, X
    LB: Badstuber, Braafheid, Contento

This is not that much, not so much quantity, but I prefer playing with Badstuber and Contento then spending 10M on a player. Badstuber showed that he has enough quality to make it, and Van Gaal will give him the confidence he needs to grow.

• I agree, we need more quality defenders. If any of our first team defenders gets injured then we are screwed. The incident against Barcelona is the living prove of that. I say we should sign atleast two quality defenders, Metzelder is an interesting option. Theres a variety of players that can be Bayern material, but we just need to get them. Our offense is great, but without a good defense then whats the point. Lets improve our defense!

• I will go for Metzelder and J. Baoteng for the winter, since Baoteng can both on the right side and central defence. Same go for Metzelder.

• @ georgio: at the time I personally believe that Ribery will not play for
    FC Bayern again !!! It is a way to force his transfer, I guess.....
    All those injuries are "fake" and not serious ones in my view....
    But I surely hope that I am wrong :))

bbjtin : I totally agree with you on Metzelder, his price is about
    2 M euros, he is experienced.... with the departure of Breno, an extra
    CB is good to have as back up.... But remember he cannot play in the
    champions league....! this also can weigh in on the decision.....

• I know thats the problem but luckily, he can still deal with Bundesilga and German Cup matches. But again, I think we could loan him for half an season and then sign him in the summer. In addition, we should sign Baoteng for 15mil Euros in the winter. I reckon Hamburg is willing to sell him at around that price than selling him for the release clause of 12mil Euros in the summer

• So as I imagine you all have heard, Ribery is considering a extention in his contract with us. I must say Im glad that he has come to sense, considering all that he owes the team. I mean he has been injured and our great medical staff has been taking care of him, we have been quite patient with him. If he stays for 2 more years ill be quite happy because I believe that with him, combined with Robben, we can win the Champions. Hopefully we win this one, but I am certain that we can win nexts years with our squad. We just need to work on our defense and our team will be ready. We need atleast 3 quality defenders, I reckon I said 2 before, but Im certain Demichelis will leave during the summer transfers, or atleast I hope. I also believe that MVB should retire soon and leave space for youngters like Kroos. Hope you stay Ribery, but if you dont Bayern will still dominate and you will eventually regret leaving a team and a place such as Munich which has given so much to you and your family.

• I hope that Bayern realizes that they are actually a lot out of depth in defence right now. they definitely need to add 1-2 defenders during this month. Hopefully, it will be Baoteng and Metzelder as both are very close to Bayern right now

• Sometimes I really dont understand why Bayern is going backward, as Hoeness has finally realized that football is turning into more of a money business or game. Our squad starts to improve with signing Ribery in 07 and Robben in 09 and obviously with the help of a few talented youngsters. We start to believe that our glory day could be back soon and then Nerlinger is trying to cut cost and even try to push some star players to leave. As most ppls say, we definitely another central defender or left defender to compete in all 3 fronts, whereas, Nerlinger is only trying to help us to win just 1 trophy, because only 4 fitted defenders, we cant go too far especially players will go through suspension and injuries in the second half. I dont understand what he is thinking but he is defintely not doing the right thing. Even on Robben's case, he didnt intend to sign except Hoeness was pulling the trigger.

In the past we have been critizing Hoeness for only caring about shareholder's interest but not fans. Today, I really want him back because Nerlinger doesnt know what he is doing when we are already heading in the right direction

• I completely agree, the decision not to by new players is ridicolous considering our defense. We need atleast 2 defenders, Boateng and Metzelder are great options. Nerlinger is trying to save money, but does not understand that right now is the time to spend and complete the squad. A squad that can easily win both the Bundesliga as the cup and compete in the Champions, maybe even win it. We need to come into our senses and do something about this, Bayern is only ready offensively, but our defense is our Aquiles heal and this will be obvious through out the rest of the season.

• I personally think that Ribery is faking injury !
    A toe doesn't swell unless there is previous recent trauma to it....
    It is a fake injury and part of the behind the scene politics to improve
    his negotiation position....
    Bayern has no chance of holding on to him and it is better for both
    parties if they sell now instead of waiting..... UNFORTUNATELY.

- Sari