Transfers - suggestions/rumors

• I think the board is seriously out of their mind for a while when they understand where our problems lie and then dont spend the capital to improve them. Then, what is the problem of realizing where the problems are?

I think we need to spend big this summer if we want to close the gap b/w ourselves and the European elite's. For now, we have only spent 26mil Euros. Spending money on talented young players arent the way to go for Bayern Munich, maybe thats what Dortmund or Leverkusen should do, but not us, because we want success and not try out every single player every season.

• Bayern will be such a joke if they don't manage to transfer a proper world class center back and not some 30 year old as we see in the news in addition to strengthening the team with players like Vidal and Nasri so there is a proper level of quality for rotation to be implemented

• Exactly. We arent go back to our old way of managing of trying to sign unknown players and hope that 1-2 of them will be successful. I think the modern football world has become more competitive, meaning that the better teams are getting better. In the past, you see once in a while, the like of Eastern European teams or Ajax or random teams can win a Champion League title. However, in the past decades, they are dominated by major elite clubs, except Porto.

in the past, a club can have the possibility of winning the title by having a few worldclass players in their team, but when you look at recent winners, you need at least 6-7 worldclass players and with good quality backup players to win the Champion League title.

We are near there but not quite, so we need to invest to get to that point

• We don't need Lucio now... man, this thought bites my head off.... Gabriel Milito is not the player we want now.... we must sign Boateng !!!

Sometimes I just can't get their plans... already we missed so many chances... :(

• @ dustu04

I agree with you on both... Gilardino is a good prospect as a backup striker, as for Milito that is absolutely not the type of slow defender that we need !!!!

• Guys, we dont need Gilardino up front because we have gotten Gomez, Olic and Peterson. Beside, Gilardino wont be too cheap. He will probably worth around 15mil Euros. For that price, we should just secure Vidal!

I think Boateng is a must, but I guess if Lucio does come for cheap as he will, I think Lucio still plays at a very high level of football for the past two seasons. He still got the fire in his belly. In addition, he was one of the most loyal Bayern players when he was with us. Van Gaal is the one who forces to sell him, but without Van Gaal's order, Lucio would stay with us still! I think adding an experience defender like Lucio will add depth to our defence, because having Boateng, Badstuber, Breno (three young central defenders on the first team isnt ideal), although Van Buyten does provide experience and stablitity but he is and was never at Lucio's standard!

Beside, Essien is up for sales and Bayern is monitoring it. I think Essien would be a worldclass signing and we need some signings like this. I mean Boateng, Rafinha, Peterson are good but we need some experience worldclass player in the team

• Lucio?? Ageing 33?? We of course want some experienced players but not a player that will be just one year benefit for us...
    Yes his performance for last 2 years seasons are very nice... but it doesn't assure his performance will be retained this coming season too due to his age... so, I think we think for an other center back than Lucio...

• Although Zanetti is still performing well despite being 37..... but how can we be sure of Lucio? so, we better leave thinking about him... But if he comes very cheap( not exceeding 7-8 millions), we can get him as a back up...

• I think Lucio is probably worth less than 5mil Euros now with only a year of contract left. To be honest, I think we can sign him for around 4mil Euros. With a quality backup like Lucio, spending 4mil Euros is worthwhile and we could in fact sell Van Buyten or Breno for similar price too

• bastos is available for 13-14 mill..is a good value deal for left wing back or left wing..as would be clichy for 5-8 million seeing as we seem to incline towards a rafinha starting role(!)...
    lucio is a bad joke..as is gilardino..and gab milito
    essien or vidal..yes..very much needed
    garay from real..or alex from chelsea..or zapata from udinese
    nasri on last year of contract..we need to poach..

• Boateng are edging closer and Usami's deal is probably 90% done. However, I do think that Leverkusen will be reludent to sell Vidal to Bayern. If we do want Vidal, it will be next season for us. As for me, I would love Bayern to sign more quality players because I want us to compete with Real and Barcelona in Champion league next season

However, in reality, I think after Boateng and Usami's deal, Bayern will probably have one more bullet to sign a major player. And for me right now, I hope it is Nasri because we have good cover in central midfielder although with Gustavo being over the winter as well as Tymoshchuk playing his old self in central midfield. Whereas, in attacking winger positions, we are still a bit weak if any of Robben, Ribery or Mueller is injuried

• i think if bayern want to buy a midfielder AND vidal wont be coming at least this year, then we should buy diego !! great player, i know he had some problems recently but getting a worldclass player of that calibour for fewer millions is quite a deal... then if vidal isnt moving anywhere this year we should get him next year as next year tymoschuk will be a year older ;-)

thats what i call a STELLAR midfield !!

• I dont think Bayern should get Diego although he should be sold for cheap, but he isnt worldclass. He had the potential when he was at Werder Bremen but failed twice at Juventus and Wolfsburg.

I think Bayern should sign Nasri or Aguero, some worldclass player to get the fans globally to believe the team as well as the board again that they could pull off a worldclass expensive signing

• If we can get Essien, that will be fantastic. It will be a good pairing with Basitan schweinstger in the middle and i am sure we have no weakness in the midfeild area. If we get Boateng and Essien, our first 11 is complete.