Champions League

• It was a great game for Lahm and Demichelis indeed. Riberys display was a good, but his lack of composure caused a red card. Lets hope he stays and signs an extension, he is still very valuable to Bayern. And on the striker issue, I agree we need a striker, but I doubt this will happen considering the return of Kroos. Van Bommel staying, Mullers indispueted place in the strating XI,m Riberys possible contarct extension and the possible return of Toni (which I hope doesnt happen). A striker will come once Van Bommel is out of the equation, but till then I congratulate the team for this win, specially Robben. He is without a doubt our best player, with him we can go very far.

• <span style="font-weight:bold; font-style:italic">Zitat:</span><br><span style="font-style:italic">PS: Don't be shocked if this was Ribery's last game in a Bayern uniform.
    He has asked for trouble... dangling himself for more than a year on the
    transfer market soap operas ..... if Chelsea pay well , let him burry himself
    like Ballack did at Stamford bridge !! ha !
    </span><br>-------------------------------------------------------
    sari11, I don't care if ribery leaves at all, even to chelsea. He shouldn't have got himself sent off after only 30 mins.
    >:-|

PS.Ballack will return to bayern in the summer so don't laugh at him or critizise him, as he will be playing for bayern next season. :D

• Ballack coming to play for us again? In what do you base such assumption? I highly doubt he wil come and Ribery will probably stay with us. He is much a better player than Ballack. Lets not think of the past, lets focus on the future, why would we need Ballack if we have Van Bommel, Schweinsteiger and ymo? Lets be realistic and concentrare in next weeks win, Ribery will show his value in the Bundesliga and DFB Cup.

• Yes but if hoeness had the chance to resign Ballack on a free agent, would he take it?

Ofcourse he would :D

He would be a good squad player at least, but would presumably start ahead of van bommel.

• Start before Van Bommel, our current captain? I dont think so, we should focus on a player we dont need. We should aim for young talented players in the positions we really need them, like our defence. Ballack coming back to play for Bayern is nothing more than an unecessary dream that wont happen. Now with Ribery out I suggest we go to Lyon with the following formation:

Butt

Lahm - Van Buyten - Demichelis - Contento

Robben - Van Bommel - Schweinsteiger - Mulller

Gomez - Olic

Lets go to Lyon and score, lets take the chance. We are so close to the final, lets focus and go all the way. Go Bayern Munich!

• I think the backline generally plays a very good match with Lahm, Demichelis and Contento all having a great match against Lyon. It would be difficult for Badstuber to retain the left defender role as Contento plays just a terrific match against Lyon.

Robben again was worldclass. He single handedly took Bayern through since Fiorentina and Man Utd and now Lyon. Schweinstger and Pranjic and even Tymoshchuk plays very well in midfield and grab tons of possession.

Ribery was careless and ruthless. He should be more experience than that, but he was trying to protect himself. Thats why he didnt go in with a flat foot.

Mueller, Olic and Gomez all did just so-so. I thought after Hannover's match, they would be more fire-up and score some crucial goals against Lyon. In fact, the half-opportunities are provided but they didnt take them. That was disappointing on my front, but they did work hard

If I am the tactican for Bayern, I will play with this:

-----------------------------Butt------------------------------
    Lahm---Van Buyten---Demichelis---Contento--
    -Van Bommel----Schweinstger---Tymoshchuk
    Robben-----------------------------------------------Olic
    ---------------------------Mueller------------------------

We have a 1-0 lead, we should protect our lead. We wont lose the game unless a 2-0 loss. Lyon will press ahead, but we should play three speedy strikers up front. With Tymoshchuk in the match in the second half, I thought Lyon was unable to dominate, so I think having Tymoshchuk in the first 11 is a great idea.

• i would call this victory the best of the worst! we should have scored 2 or 3 and relax! Robben is 100% man of the season! he made all the difference for us, esp in the champions league. 3 crucial goals in 3 crucial matches, and hopefully he scores in the next game to take us to the final. its our best record in the 9 years i think. Ribery ...... no comment is the best comment. Lahm was world class just as Demich. swieni was fine, muller should have been subtituted and not olic. Olic is world class and alot better than muller. muller wasted a great chance (pass from Lahm). Gomez, also no comment is the best comment. 30 or 35 millions and he didnt score in the last maybe ten games. what are u waiting for! plz bayern sell him back to stuttgart, but am sure they wont pay more than 3 millions to get him back. Butt made a great save, and he didnt need to do more. hopefully in the next game Olic is played 90 minutes next to Robben, coz these players are the only ones who are decisive in such big games, and we should play 4-3-2-1, which means Bommel Swieni and Altintop or Tymo should be as CM`s. even though i would say that Tymo doesnt have enough confidence, and he like the employee that doesnt work so that he doesnt make a mistake.

• I think Tymoshchuk pulls off a great display especially with a 10men against 11 as his work rate means two, although his foot technique was never great anyways. Thats why in the return leg, I prefer having Van Bommel, Schweinstger and Tymoshchuk in the midfield to control the possession. In that way, it will be tough for Lyon to get into the match

• We should keep the same defence, their display was quite good. Contento plays quite well in the left flank, our CBs did a great job and Lahm was at the attack. Tymo played pretty good, considering his lack of play. Ball posession is the key, lets see how Van Gaal decides to go to Lyon. Our aim should be to score an away goal and seal the deal completely. Lets go to Madrid!

• Well what a game... i lost my hopes after Ribery was sent-off but we did play well even with ten men... we played like a superb side last night!!! we should have made more if Gomez and Muller took their chances well.

Good teamwork and determination... Lahm, Schweini, Robben, Micho, Butt all were superb especially Diego Contento... he shud play for Badstuber this Tuesday... a gud crowd as usual and a even better win...

Lyon will be tough but now the question is who will replace Ribery???

I think Altintop!

• I thought we were excellent even after Ribery being sent off. We could and probably should have walked away 3 or 4 up. Just hope we don't spoil it in Lyon.

I do however think Gomes was a big dissapointment again !!

• I think Van Gaal should change the formation and Tymoshchuk to replace Ribery with only Robben, Mueller and Olic up front. We need three complete midfielders in the middle- Van Bommel, Schweinstger and Tymoshchuk to protect the backdoor and use counter attack to threat Lyon at home. We shouldnt lose goals like we did against Fiorentina and Man Utd, losing 1-2 goals in the first 15mins of the game and that could force us against the wall

• we need young blood, we have a pretty old squad, i don't know the average age, but there are some old players that will play for 1, maybe 2 more seasons

• frankie are you insane. The stats clearly show schweini is the most successful passer not only at bayern but in the entire bundesliga. He often also covers more ground than any of the other players during a match 8-)

• Beside Robben, Schweinstger is the best player of Bayern season. If more, he could even better than Robben as Robben only played well for the second half as he was mainly injuried in the first half.

• no frankie, schweini is our MAIN player, everything seems to go past him :P

He has been our best player of the season alongside Robben and Lahm...
    The good thing about next game is that Van Bommel is coming back... btw, why play counter-attacks??? why not play our natural game and put pressure on Lyon..

the way we kept on winning the ball yesterday was brilliant... Contento was amazing...

but now lets focus on M'gladbach... its an important game and lets hope Ribery's problems come to an end and he only gets suspended for one game... :)

• <span style="font-weight:bold; font-style:italic">Zitat:</span><br><span style="font-style:italic">no frankie, schweini is our MAIN player, everything seems to go past him Razz

He has been our best player of the season alongside Robben and Lahm...
    The good thing about next game is that Van Bommel is coming back... btw, why play counter-attacks??? why not play our natural game and put pressure on Lyon..

the way we kept on winning the ball yesterday was brilliant... Contento was amazing...

but now lets focus on M'gladbach... its an important game and lets hope Ribery's problems come to an end and he only gets suspended for one game... :)</span><br>-------------------------------------------------------

But is Schweinsteiger as good as Ballack?

Ballack carried bayern for at least two full years, Schweinsteiger is just a "squad player" and is not even half as good as Michael Ballack.

• I have huge respect for Ballack... but he WAS good player... i don't think we need him anymore... he has become poor now... we already have Kroos coming back! so why need ballack?

• What is this obessesion with Ballack? Schweinstger is a mcuh better player and younger, so guys stop suggesting Ballack, his days in Bayern are over. We have a talented squad and there is no place at all for Ballack. And Frankie , were u watcing the same game as we all did? Schweinstger is with Robben one of our best players and he has proved that in that position he is much better and can help out the team more. And cutecarol , ":just a squad player". Schweinstger is much more than that, he is neccessary in our squad. Ballacks performance has gone down with the years and in no way he is better than Schweinstger. Besides that do we want the man who destroyed Michos face in the squad? That will definitely cause tension, Ballack didnt even call to see how his "friend" was. Thats not the kind of player we need, so forget it. There is no space for him and as you said oninekid, hios performance is poor now. BALLACK IS NOT COMING BACK SO STOP SUGGESTING SUCH NONSENSE.