Champions League

• I love our team but last night was a nervy night and most of who were watching it from other clubs will be hoping to draw us in the next round. I'm not sure who I would like to draw now, any of who are left will cause us problems at the back, VG needs to address this and quickly.

We will alway's cause a threat at home with Robben, Ribery etc, but a side those two & Müller, (generally speaking) we lack an out and out goal scorer at this level. Gomez just doesn't have the presance or quality that our opponents coming in to this stage of the CL have.

I did think some of our passing moves were really good, Bommell, Schweini, Robben, Lahm all linking up but then it would get played back to Buyten who consistantly gave possesion away needlesly.

• Again, some of the players that we critized last night can always came out and play a great game. Thats the problem with our defence right now. Great but not worldclass! In defence, you need to be boring but consistent. Unforunately, most of our defenders arent. I have seen Butt, Van Buyten, Demichelis and Badstuber having a great night. But unforunately, their level can rise and drop so easily. Thats why we need some worldclass players who can play at a higher level consistently.

• We don't defend as a unit. We end up with Van Buyten or Badstubber or who ever is playing at the time being isolated, causing gap's and making our defenders look bad individually. They are not all bad players. Individually they are probably a lot better than Fiorantina but look how well they defended as a unit.

• chrisco
    I do not know what match have you seen with those two penalites against us.

I saw and offside goal from Fiorentina (the second), another irregular goal for Fiorentina (the third, when Jovetic pushed Van Buyten), and an wrong decision to rule Klose's position as offside, for the possible 3-3.

In addition, before Klose's scandalous goal in Munich, the ref should have shown red card for the Fiore man who made the penalty, as the last defender. Plus, in Munich they only fouled Ribbery and Robben every time they touched the ball, but no booking for them.

Fiorentina played most of the 180 minutes only defending. Bayern had the absolute merit of keeping calm after going two goals down. It is not easy to turn your luck like that when you play against an Italian team, especially in Italy.

We deserved to go through, despite some mistakes.
    Keep the faith man

• red heart - Van Buyten should have been stronger, that wasn't a foul. I agree Fiorantina defended most of the two leg's but they set their stall out at the beginning and good teams should be able to overcome that. we have, but only just. I thought we were better than Fiorantina, we lost goals through individual mistakes, bad defending "as always", in general, we looked weak at the back every time Fiorantina did attack. They play their defensive game well.

If we had defended better nobody would be having any remarks to make but that is still a flaw/weakness in our team at the moment.

What I would say is that no team going in to the draw will fear us. Maybe a good thing....................................

• Deisel, Jovetic PUSHED him and when people are running even a small push can count.
    We deserved to go through, that's it. For the future, let';s not be so sure the others will be happy to meet us.

• It was shoulder to shoulder, no push. Van Buyten should have been stronger.
    All the talk from English clubs, Spanish are that they would prefer to stay away from one another, so that leaves Bayern & Bordeax, Sevilla ??

3 weakest teams left

• Nothing to say..i guess everything is said already

football is about results and there are not deserved and non deserved winners i guess...theres not a merit result...its goals against goals...as simple as that.

What can i say... the game made go 3 kgs less becuz of the stress... no team could mantain the results... shaky defense from our part FIRST GOAL was a stupidity..butt should had cleared to the back...not push it to our oponents legs... and if defense would be in direct coordination with the GK, they should have also helped in clearing that stupid ball
    then second goal, again low assistances...the problem is with height..and opposite to poor chilean team that has to lead with giants..the problem here is with floor...which is..not physicall problem...

then..our goals...distance shots..killer ones...beautiful goals i must say...but is distance option...and why the heck we had so much strikers that are suppoused to score from closer distances...dont know...perhaps they got a bad day...who knows
    again bayern strategy was by the wings...and ribery...if he had 75% the sparks he had last season...would have been different story.. its clear robben is the one providing...our team was robben dependent...dangerous disposition that leaves clear that any revolutionary attempt of mr. van gaal against fiorentina was nothing more than sth left in the training field..since what we had last night was an absolutely oldfashioned system based on the dependence of a "figure, star" you name it

• nothing to say wisita ???!!! ur post was almost the biggest post !!!!!!!!!!
    just kiddin mate ! :D;-)

ok,btw we get through !!! just like always we scored so hard and we conceded goals sooooo easily ! this problem in our deffence line is sooooooo old,and i dont know that when the hell we should fix this. having just 3 CBs,while just 2 of them are a little classy is so stupid !

btw that was nice match.the climate was so boring and annoying. what the hell was that wind ?!! that didnt let us play but we won with 2 nice shots ! tnx to captain bomel and robben.

• i would like "irealos de madrilos", barcelona, manchester united states, or chelsky for the quarter finals.....No italians cause it's f**king annoying to watch us play against them......

• hahahahaha right peddi...its true...i got inspired later :P but...about the players..nothign to say..its much the overall and what i think...I DONT LIKE VAN GAAL!!!! and..guess its really notorious :P until he doesnt show what i consider a good display for bayern...ill keep with this kind of comments...

--------------------------------------------
    geoldes and datoexe: yep...bommel can be worldclass in some moments... when he's mad :P and gets painted

• I dont think Van Bommel is a worldclass player but he is a leader on the field and does provide occasionally inspiration when it is needed, but he isnt like Gerrard who can lift the entire Liverpool team when needed.

In Champion League, so far, i see only Man Utd is actually a bit above us. Otherwise, I think we could win against Arsenal and Lyon if we enjoy a good day

• Also thought Schweini dictated a lot more of the play than normal.

Interesting results in teh other games, Milan thrashed by Man U, Lyon dumping Real Madrid out and either Inter or Chelsea will be leaving the comp next week.

• My gut feeling is telling me that Chelsea will come through and then Barcelona could get knocked out by Stuggart. Sevilla and Bordeaux will also come through. Lets see if I am right!

• I think Chelsea have the quality to beat Inter but they are off form at the moment. I still think Barca have too much quality to go out at the moment.

• Personally, i think Barcelona might follow Real Madrid's footstep and got knockout. This kind of things happen in football world. I think Sevilla, Bordeaux and Chelsea will go through. All the Italian teams will be knocked out

• Van Gaal has done a great job so far for Bayern, we are in all 3 competitions and the team has finally come to place. They are working together and the chemistry is shown in the matches. I admit that the display against Fiorentina was not our best game, but we passed. We have a great opportunity here to win the tittles we deserve. I am certain that under Van Gaal we will win the Cup and the Bundesliga. I am also impresed with tha talented Munich youth. Lets see who we have to beat next round, the ideal would be to play a French team, Lyon or Bordeux. Even if Bordeux humiliated us in the group stage, I think that we learn from our mistakes and we can beat them.