Champions League

• Bordeaux is not playing as good as they were in the first half so I guess Bayern is definitely capable of beating them right now. I still think Chelsea has a bigger chance of going through than Inter even though they are 2-1 down in the first leg

• If we learn to defend we will be a strong force but until then we are still too frail to be named a major force to compete for the CL but in Van Gaal's first season we have made in-roads but we are still a work in progress.

• True, looked at the past 4-5 seasons record in quarter-final in Champion League, when we go against the major forces, we are always losing for more than 4-5 goals in two legs. I mean this kind of defence will not get us anywhere. We need to close down opponents like the old Bayern Munich.

• Quarter-finalists are decided:
    -Bayern
    -Man Utd
    -Arsenal
    -Barcelona
    -Inter
    -Lyon
    -Bordeaux
    -CSKA Moscow

There are a lot of tough draws but still some pretty managable, like against Lyon, CSKA Moscow and Arsenal. Bordeaux can be beaten as their form is dipping a bit domestically and internationally. Drawing against Barcelona, Man Utd and Inter would be difficult.

Any thoughts?

• I agree, hopefully we will get a French team or CSKA Moscow and we can most definitely beat them. I sure hope Barcelona gets to play Manchester United, now that be really interesting. And Inter aginst Arsenal would be quite a show. I believe that lady luck will help us out once more because this is our time to shine. Van Gaal has managed to prepare a great team with lots of hope, its just a matter of time for him to deliver. I have faith in our players, they are talented, professional and play well together. There is a good environment which is alllowing talented youth to develop to their maximum level.

• I think we can only view Bayern as an outsider. Our form has dipped significantly over the past few matches especially in CL. Our defence isnt as solid as in Jan and early Feb.

I think we would beat MSKA Moscow, but I think we might enter into a game vs Arsenal or Inter

• Things have certainly lost momentum, but thats understandable considering that not all our players are 100% fit, also due to the lost of key players such as Demichelis on defence. At the end we our just fans and we our observers, but as observers we can help our team by giving our opinions and making ourselves be heard. We still have a long way to go, but we cant expect to win all games, but we can most certainly try. That is what keeps Bayern going, the desire for more and this year we have the potential to go far. Lets compare the squad to what it was a couple of years ago, we can certainly see improvement. Though I must admit I miss the glory days of Oliver Kahn, a team such as Bayern needs a world calibre goalie, if Juventus have Buffon why cant we have a great goalie as well? I reckon that Butt has played decently, but he is not our #1. His display against Fiorentina in Florence demonstrated that, we need to improve our back. Defensively we are impotent due to individual mistakes and a lack of confidence. I support Contento, Alaba and Badstuber on the back, but I must say they still have a long way to go. Though I believe that Badstuber is superb as a central defender and consider that he should stay there even when Demichelis returns. Lets kkep our faith bbjtin, hopefully we will have it easy.

• We do NOT believe in you

Give us Barcelona or Manchester, if you pretend to be a possible Champions League winner you should compete with the top teams. Let us play against them and we'll know where we are. And if you want to be the winner of the CL you have to play against them. And willing CSKA Moscow or a French team: Fiorentina was also on paper the weakest name, and we saw how good they were.

• have to agree with you chrisco, we need a top team to go against, barca, man utd states, or even inter. But i will say that even CSKA will cause us big troubles if the sorts will decide them.

• <span style="font-weight:bold; font-style:italic">Zitat:</span><br><span style="font-style:italic">: Fiorentina was also on paper the weakest name, and we saw how good they were. </span><br>-------------------------------------------------------

or how bad we were :P or how great the home game referee was :P

just that were on cuarter finals is a miracle...now its just sitting and waiting how it will turn out... im not expecting much...i will be happy winning BuLi this season and watching improvement in defense by when it ends...

• I think if we dont get Barcelona or Man Utd, we will have a chance to progress into the semi-final for once since our triumph in 2001. Obviously Inter and Arsenal wont be an easy opponent as well

• i will say it is hard, but it is for sure so possible, lets hope the first tie will be in London, we have the golden ace Robben, and Ribery has a job to do in this game, he must be world class as we knew him, without ribery being world class in this game we cannot win, Robben is great and can let us win with normal teams, but with united he and Ribery has to do super job and show the whole world that Bayern is sth else now, all the great wishes for bayern to win against the english giants. the winning job is Robbens and Ribery and the striker, who could be olic or klose, and also the job of van bommel and his companion in the midfield, and the defense who should be up to the job, not like always. esp. van buyten, who made severe mistakes in the game against Fiorentina. not only one mistake in the 90 minutes is allowed, Man united can score without mistakes, so no need to help them with our defensive mistakes.

• its what i call a good draw ! but it doesnt mean that im sure that we will beat em.if 1st match was in their home,i could say that we will get through but second match in oldtraford is so dangerous.but by the way i think that if every thing go right in van gaal plans,we can beat em.dunno ! let see !
    its so better than milan ! i prefer on form manchester but not milan,even when their not on form !
    if we beat manU we can say that we beat a very big and unform team,and if we lose...ok,this season is not our best season ! :D
    btw,im soo hope full :) we will do it...
    GOOOOOOO BAYEEEEEEEERN !

• excuse me nark but...LONDON ??? why london ?! our opponent is manchester,not arsenal :D u want a neutral city and stadium?! :D
    btw,1st match will be at allianz and second one in manchester.
    and the worst is in next round(if we could do this) we should play in home 1st,too.

• Well said masupufos!

We didn't deserve to be in the quarter finals, but if we qualify and deserve our qulification our matches against Fiorentina will be forgotten. Man Utd are clearly favourites, and it will be really tough. I don't think we have a chance, but in football is everything possible. Let's hope everybody is fully fit, for us and for them, so it will be a battle on full strength. And may the best win( but not Manchester)

• YUPPPY!!! we got the toughest challenge...the biggest disadvantage we have, in my opinion,is playing the first game at home...a clean sheet, or a draw, would have given us more mental strength, and more guts for a second game at home...now, we'll have to win the first one, and fight like no tomorrow in the second one...

• "YUPPY" HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!

this will have 2 possible endings:

"farewell CL"

"unbelievable win, mystic triumph..HISTORICAL" :P

i agree...to be the best..beat the best