Bundesliga 2011-'12

• Cant wait for the first game that comes around the corner. August 7th against Gladbach. I think that will be an easy match for us although Gladbach does have some young talents

• From both LIGA total! Cup results, Bayern still has plenty of things to work out especially our defense. We let in 2 goals against both Hamburg and Mainz. Thats not something that a Champion League winning team will be seen

• it's still early days, the team only gathered 3 weeks ago, trust me by early august, things will be different & in any case, as par the defence, Badstuber should not have even started.

• I know is early stage and this is not even real matches; however, this applies to other teams as well as every team is in preparation mood.

I think Bayern needs to sign at least another top quality central defender or midfielder to complete the squad. We are still a bit too thin on defensive quality and not quantity

• If anybody has the time to revisit Bayern's Liga Total match against both Hamburg and Mainz, one can realize that our defense organization is extremely weak. In addition, for most parts of our defenders Van Buyten, Badstuber, and Gustavo are very weak in one on one situation and men marking.

I hope the board can do something about it before the end of the transfer window. Another star central defender for us!

• It is quite disappointing that Bayern management continues to keep faith at Van Buyten, Badstuber and Breno. I understand that Bayern needs to bear with Breno because they spent 13-14mil Euros on this player in 07/08 season and didnt do anything in the past 3-4 seasons here. For Badstuber's case, he is a young German national player and thats why Bayern needs to keep hold of him and make sure he has enough playing time. At the end, Van Buyten was kept due to his loyality towards the club.

Personally, I think we have every reason to keep all three above players, but in reality standpoint, neither player is worldclass and any of them will continue to stop Bayern from winning CL title.

• Just looking at some pre-season friendlies, Hamburg, Schalke and even Dortmund are hitting form when Bayern is playing under par right now. I think there are still plenty of things to improve for our defence. I hope Bayern's board can change their thoughts and sign another quality central defender

• agree with you guys !! i think the priority is the CB position... i saw today rummeneige said that breno might be leaving this summer.....maybe if he goes another CB will come...

• We have enough back-up now for Ribery (Kroos, Alaba, Olic, Pranjic and Usami). We don't need a DM (unless Jupp plans with Gustavo which isn't likely to happen). A quality CB is still welcome but than a CB has to leave. Vertonghen from Ajax for example would be great for us.

• I dont think we have enough quality to cover either Ribery, Mueller or Robben, although in terms of number, we are well covered. Both Alaba and Usami are unproven in Bundesilga; Olic just came back from a year long injury; Kroos has started to recover his best but he is still young; Pranjic will never replace either Ribery or Robben

• Yes, this is the start but again, every team is at their start too. So it is not an excuse. Yes, our connection can be better within our defensive players, but so as the other teams.

• The German Cup opponent shouldnt be a real test. Obviously, if Bayern doesnt get through that, it would be a huge crisis. But I think the real test wont come until Champion League knockout stage

• agree with you bbjtin !! probably braunschweig will end up defending with 10 players and attack us on the break !! it will be a good test, at least we`ll see how our team will play in such situations KNOWING that there will be many games where our opponents will be ULTRA-DEFENSIVE

• Yes, but braunschweig's defensive players wont be a real test for us. Come on, if we cant get through braunschweig's defense, how can we get through Man Utd and Barcelona's defense?

• agree with you, but with robben & ribery its gonna be a bit more difficult as they are the only ones except lahm (and usami now maybe) which try to dribble on the flanks