German Cup 2011/2012

• So far, some of the heavyweights have knocked out by minors. Wolfsburg, Leverkusen, and Werder Bremen. Hope Bayern wont be the next one!

• Freiburg is another mid-table Bundesilga being knocked out. I mean I am quite worried about Bundesilga's surprise packages in Europe this season, mainly Mainz, Hannover and Leverkusen.

Bayern should be able to progress. If Bayern doesnt, it will be a crisis.

• Of course. Leverkusen hasnt played in the Champion League in the past 10 seasons. All of their players, except Ballack, has never had Champion League experience before.

• What shall we then say about Dortmund? Leverkusen is a team that always fights for the european tickets, so it wasn't a surprise that they got european football last season, especially because they did some good transfers. This season they'll play again for european tickets

• I think Leverkusen will fall through expectations this season. I think they would be having a tough time of securing themselves again in Europe.

• Would be the best, Müller on the right and Alaba on the left (finally wingers who play on the right side for their best foot and no wingers that keep coming inside which everyone already knows).

• Braunschweig vs Bayern 0-2 (Half time)

I would say this is probably our first real match after a series of friendlies. Bayern didnt play as well as I would expect even against a second division team. Yes, we are leading 2-0 due to Mueller individual ability and effective convertion from penalty by Gomez and Schweinsteiger. But it isnt anything speculator.

Alaba and Kroos arent doing as well as many would suggest in some of their previous post match comments. Badstuber still struggling with pace and aggressive. I think is wise to sign another central defender given Badstuber has already been stressing out during the match against Braunschweig

• Badstuber hasn't been stressed out, you are just trying to find something to bash him again 8-)

Not a superb display, but we didn't gave away chances and created some chances (not that much, but enough). We go one round further, that's important, and we showed that there's more hope then last seasons if Robben and Ribery are injured. Auf geht's to Gladbach!

• Quit balanced performance today. Two clear penalties, and after that the game was over. Nothing that worries me on acoount of this game.

• A lot of fans and players are praising Bayern's performance, but I am actually quite worried. Bayern dominated the match without much surprise. However, I found quite worrying is that Bayern basically is unable to break through the defense. Due to opponents' lack of experience and quality, they fouled Mueller twice in the box without massive dangerous. If we didnt open up the play by scoring twice in the first half, I would be quite worried that we could potentially head into extra-time.

Beside, without Ribery & Robben, our attackers, like Alaba, Kroos, and many others only know how to pass the ball backward instead of forward. In fact, even when we are leading 2-0, the players should be more aggressive, but none of them is willing to lose the balls, so they were just passing the ball backward even when Schweinsteiger had a free kick deep in opponents' own half, he didnt even try to put the ball forward and the ball sideway and backward.

What is the point? The match is so boring although we won it comfortably. I think when we are tackling these minor opponents, Bayern should work on their attack team work and risk a bit to practice their attack move. In fact, they are just passing the ball from Neuer to Alaba or Kroos and then back to Neuer.

• Really bbjtin, the game was over after the first penalty. I don't see that there were much reason for praise, but at this stage can't really see any reason for concern either. Why risk players in attack when the game is over, and opponent is constantly delivering late tackles?

• Completely agree with you jkuusela. Besides, if they hadn't fouled Müller he would be in a good position to create some danger. And without an early 0-1 they would have pushed harder. It's the beginning of the season, we played without 2 of our most important players and put in 4 new players (Alaba is also 'new' because he was away on loan last season). Müller didn't play on his favourite position and with the losses of Leverkusen and Bremen al we had to do was win. It was the game of the year for them too, they would have run untill they died yesterday. Solid display, not great, but not bad either. At this moment boring and winning is good.

• trying to attack continuously would result in our opponents attacking us on the break, and knowing our NOT perfect defence that might hurt us !! its better if we defend and be compact at the back when the game is already "won" at 2-0...rather than going for a 4-0 ...remember last season !! 2-0 up continue attacking ...lose 3-2 ...or winning 2-0 and got 2-2 >:|

• Completely agree if this is a Champion League quarter-final or semi-final, but the first round in German Cup? Why would we be scare that opponent will be catching us back when we are against minor opponent? We should try more attack move, like bringing in Usami or Peterson to try out different formation.

This kind of matches are time to try out different thing. In addition, I am not saying that we didnt win the match deservely, but again, this is a 2nd division team and if we play till our potential, we should win.

I still see Badstuber losing the ball twice in the first half and Boateng covered for him twice, but again, if we are against the like of Barcelona or Man Utd, we will get punished

• Leverkusen was winning 0-3 and they lost the game. So AGAIN (to use your favourite word) the 0-3 was decent and hopeful for our 1st match on Sunday.

• i think everyone by last season got a lesson, winning is just about scoring more than your opponent and be able to defend your result, not just winning by scoring MUCH MUCH goals...i mean both are important but after last season i think everyone`s being a bit cautious, especially against sucvh teams...rrremember monchengladbach last season? winning 2-0 ending up 2-2 ....then when jonker came he played with the same players excpet for kraft-butt, he only changed some mentalities...everyone could see bayern defending after the game is set