Bayern Munich vs German National Team

• Since both teams are playing great football recently and most of Bayern's German players played in the national team, so I think this would be the best time to compare both teams' strengthen and weakness.

Assume all available players are injuried-free at the moment, this will be Bayern and German team's 1st elevan players.

Bayern Munich:
    -----------------------Neuer---------------------
    Rafinha---Boateng---Badstuber---Lahm
    --------Gustavo---------Schweinsteiger----
    Robben---------Mueller----------------Ribery
    --------------------Gomez--------------------------

German national team:
    ----------------------Neuer-----------------------
    Boateng---Hummels---Badstuber---Lahm
    ---------Khedira----------Schweinsteiger----
    Ozeil------------Mueller----------------Podolski
    --------------------Gomez----------------------------

Both teams look very similar in terms of first elevan players; however, if we just judge on the elevan players, I think Bayern has an edge against German national team. First, Rafinha provides more attacking spark than Boateng on the right side although Hummels edges over Boateng as central defender. Secondly, either Tymoshchuk or Gustavo is currently playing much better than Khedira as defensive midfielder. Finally, Ribery is no about at better form and class than Podolski and Robben is slightly better than Ozeil when he is fully fit.

However, why I am confident that our national team can beat this Bayern Munich in a Champion League journey. The key is that the national team has much higher quality backup players. In the back, our national team has Howedes, Mertesacker, and Aogo where Bayern only has Van Buyten, Breno and Contento. In midfield, taking away Kroos (which both teams have), the national team has Bender, Rolfes, Schurrle, Gotze, and Reus, etc; whereas Bayern only has Tymoshchuk, Alaba, and Usami. Up front, I would say is pretty enough as the national team has Klose and Cacau and Bayern has Olic and Petersen.

Basically except the front line, Bayern is much inferior to the national team. So the lesson is that although Bayern has a much better first elevan team due to Rafinha, Ribery and Robben, Bayern wouldnt be able to compete the Champion League against the national team due to the lack of bench depth

• but a match is still a eleven-eleven game...kroos, tymoschuk, van buyten as subtitute players is enough in one game

• If one game, yes, I would say that Bayern Munich will beat German national team on a good day. But if it is a competition which involves several matches, then Bayern will definitely lose out

• Almost there... Mr. Nerlinger still needs to get Hummels, Khedira, Reus and Gotze especially since van Buyten, Tymo and Olic can't last more than another year, Pranjic is a disappointment while Robbery might get hurt anytime.

• bbjtin

well thats not sure...the better performance wins championschips and not names...why should hummels play better than van buyten? hummels is only a human who dont plays every game on the highest level...götze, reus and schürrle too...so we cant say definetly who is the better team...the germanybench is stronger by the names...but there are so much factors more than just names

• I completely agree. But everything being equal, German national team has a much better depth than Bayern Munich, although performance can vary from players, even top players.

I hope one day, Bayern can strengthen their bench and compete with the like of Barcelona and Real Madrid over a long season campaign;whereas, Germany is definitely at the same height as Spain right now

• i think its 50 - 50......... either team could win it. but when we talk about quality, i think germany will always outclass bayern,

• Germany will probably outclass us at our current form and due to the lack of bench depth, Bayern will not be able to compete with the national team on a far basis