German teams in european competitions

• This year it was all so obvious that Germany needs a constant group of teams in UCL and EL. Next season we might just see 4 German teams in UCL which is why I think it would be really good for German football to have Bayern, BVB, Shalke and Leverkusen in UCL and to have Werder and VfB in EL.

What do you think?

• That would be the best, but the problem for Bundesilga is that we dont have constant representative in Europe. Last season, Schalke did well but not participating this season in CL. I seriously dont want Werder Bremen to play in CL because they would be eliminated again in the first round

• Werder still have enough experience with their current squad to at least make it to the Europa League.. which is also good. What is bad is having teams like BVB or Mainz which are eliminated and don't make it to the real competition

• the problem with German teams apart from Bayern is that they keep on loosing their top players to foreign clubs, look at the way dortmund & leverkusen lost sahin & vidal.

• @ bm72 - you put it perfectly. I am quite sure that BVB made a mistake in buying Reus instead of using the money to keep their current players.

• I dont think Dortmund made a mistake buying Reus but again, Bundesilga doesnt have the capital to keep hold of the stars. Bundesilga has lots of quality players but lost some of them to either Bayern or foreign clubs in the past. I hope in the future, we can at least 2-3 Bundesilga teams in the quarter-final in Champion League and has at least 2 teams who have a chance to win Champion League.

• i completely agree with you thoth i wish leverkusen were in there instead of monchengladbach because they are losing all their players and i dont mind werder but i would prefer hamburg even though i dont know what has happened to them this season so maybe im wrong probably just because i like HSV anyway i do agree we need a good crop getting into europe this season and i think if it stays out it is everyone will do well except monengladbach but i could be and hope im wrong

• Bayern still the german number one in european competitions, they do most of german clubs achievement on CL.
    Shalke 04, Dortmund, and other teams need more experience to get more achievement actually!

• @ lafite57 - true dortmund seem to be very determined to go far in this season's CL. let me hope it's not just a 1 off. If it is not going to be a 1 off then Germany will have Bayern & dortmund as serious contenders in europe.

• Bayern needs to get pass the group stage and then will see who he faces next! Dortmund is in the toughest group, but so far, they are doing ok. But I wouldnt say that they have already qualified as they still havent played the strongest team- Real Madrid yet. Schalke should qualify and they have the quality to get to quarter-final with their experience and defensive tactic in Champion League

• Bayern is one of the favourites to win the champions with barcelona and real also
    Dortmund, if they can qualify from the group stage and dont meet barca can go until the semis
    Schalke can reach the quarters and need too much luck to reach the semis

• I think if Dortmund can qualify from group stage, they have the ability to get into the semi's if they dont face either Bayern or Barcelona. Schalke has the ability to get to the quarter-final if they play till their potential or if they dont face strong teams in early knockout stage.

• this midweek was fantastic for german teams, only stuttgart draw
    Bayern, Dortmund, Schalke, Hannover, Leverkusen, Monchengladbach all win
    i am happy for Bundesliga :D

• Yes, I think Bundesilga has some good teams with Schalke, Dortmund, Hannover, Leverkusen are all very good teams. Even Hamburg, Stuttgart and Gladbach arent much behind. Obviously, Bayern is much better than all of them, both in history and current form

• all german teams are doing well in champions until now
    one thing for Bayern: they can be beated only by themselves
    the losses against bate and leverkusen were a good thing for us, we needed a shake
    in fact sometimes is difficult to focus in some games when you only continue to win, u lost concentration, this happened in these two losses, but i see Bayern this year very strong and in a good way for a treble :D