UEFA EURO 2012

• Hmmm... you know.. there was a not normal mix of players that day, i guess it was a good oportunity to try a "B" team...
    I didnt manage to watch the game,.. had job to do, but my boyfriend told me that basically defense was just laaame, the press here also mentioned that those were 4 outstanding players that totally didnt understand each other..specially Howedes that looked simply, lost...
    from some highlights and by what my boyfriend said khedira and özil werent doing much a thing...

what can you guys say about the game?

• The defense was a mess.

Schmelzer played as he always does in the national team: poor

Mertesacker and Hummels had a lot of problems with the positioning. It was very easy for Derdiyok to score, as he was able to reach the ball in the penalty area several times without any defender near him.

Höwedes was quite poor as well.

The problem ist that at least one of thouse four players will have to play the EURO, as there are only 3 defenders from Bayern.

Khedira was quite good, but he only played first half.

In my opinion Reus was the best offensive player. Klose ist still looking for his shape after his injury.

• I guess, it was just a test game. Many of the common starters of Bayern not on the pitch. So don't worry about it.
    We have an excellent team like the tournaments before.

• i do not think that loss means anything ,, it is just a game to apply some tactics and to try some players !! nothing more than that i guess , beside , more than half of the team wasnot playing ,,,

• I hope Loew can really take this opportunity to win a major trophy for Germany as Germany is probably at its strongest in history. Beside, the 24 players who are going to Euro12, Germany can easily select another 24 players for this tournament and would probably be quite competitive to get into knockout stage easily

Goalkeeper: Alder/Leno, Weidenfeller, Ter Stegan
    Right defender: Castro, Beck
    Central defender: M. Freidrich, Tasci, Huth, Wollscheid
    Left defender: Aogo, M. Schäfer
    Right midfielder/winger: Hermann, Sam, Marin
    Central midfielder: S. Bender, Holtby, Rolfes, Trasch
    Left midfielder/winger: Grosskreutz, Draxler
    Striker: Cacau, Hanke, Kiessling, Helmes

On top of that, I have also missed out so many other quality German players, like Schlaudraff, A. Dejagah, Fritz, Hunt, K Compper, T Weis, Jansen, Metzelder, Ballack, Genter, Gebhart, Schwaab, Reinartz, etc etc

• should Mertesacker be in the starting line-up ????? he has just come back from a long injury lay-off and clearly is not fit.

How about if Low pairs Boateng & Hummels in central defence ????? it looks a solid one.

All-in-all, Germany have a great team this year, & it's Germany's best bet to finally win a trophy after 16 long years.

• I hope that too!!! i wouldnt stand Spain winning again...
    But we will have to wait and see what goes one.. its totally a different panorama compared to the EM 2008, what kind of worries me is that sometimes Löw makes a complete mess at the defense tactics... he made the same mistake with spain twice.. an area marking instead of personal... and boateng.. i kind of worry on how easy he turns his back on possible "in target" player.. meaning players who would recieve an assist, or eventually assist... :-S

• Personally, I think Loew will love to stick with Badstuber as a starting central defender. Dont get me wrong. I think Badstuber is a good defender even at this age, but seems like he will never become a worldclass one due to his lack of concentration, speed and his incapability of handling 1 on 1 situation.

For me, Hummels is better than Mertesacker, but somehow Loew loves to stick with the old lineup even though both Mertesacker and Podolski shouldnt be in the starting lineup

• badstuber ist momently international the best central defender we've got... mertesacker and hummels... mertesacker long injured... but hummels can't show the performance he show's national in dortmund,
    my opinion badstuber and mertesacker

• I think Mertesacker and Badstuber is probably the best combination for the National team; however, the problem is that both players' performance can be quite inconsistent. Unforunately, Hummels renewed his contract with Dortmund until 2017. It means that he probably never plays for Bayern Munich in his life time.

• Ronaldo isn't the only person who cannot be left even for a single moment of the entire game on a one-on-one attack, but Nani should also be considered the same..

Only 1 player in a team cannot fetch victory without a good team-work and so besides Ronaldo, Nani, Mautinho, Rúben must not be unmarked for a moment too..

• If German plays like Bayern and dominate the midfield, Ronaldo, Nani and all the Portugese will only be played in their own halfs. I hope we could score the first goal through Gomez or Mueller

• hmmm.. boring game.... really boring... I missed sth more offensive, but i guess for group stage more defensive can help them get the points and dont risk too much.

what can I say, portugal was mediocre... Ronaldo as always looked stupid with portugal (why do you even worry about him...) pepe is always more dangerous..and coentrao was the cheese..

the Real boys had too little communication with the other players.. there wasnt cohesion in attack... there was a moment in which müller was alone but stil özil looked for Khedira..
    Hummels was really good defending... Schweinsteiger.. i expected him going much offensive.. Podolski was outclassed too often!! I think him going to Arsenal will be sth good.. now its too obvious the lack of more competitive football...
    i hope Schürrle comes in next time...

• Schurrle should start for Podolski in the next game. Podolski wastes a lot of chances. It would also be nice to see Gotze & Reus get some playing time against the dutch.

• Podolski is just a bad choice for the current national team and especially while facing teams like Spain or Italy.. As for Italy, today's game was so much more exciting in comparison to our last night's game against Portugal. Yesterday's game was kinda boring and slow which is definitely not expected when aimed at victory.

I think either of Schürrle and Gotze will be way much better than Poldi.. I don't know what Jogi's planning for the next game.. anyways, a "pace" in our playing is direly needed..

Considering the games so far, neither of Netherlands and Denmark should be a big threat to us if not committing a blunder within 90 minutes.. well, I think we can top in our group. Just keep the ball rolling in our mid-field with accuracy and aggression.. Yesterday, Poldi missed too many chances and he seemed kinda unfit.. Gotze will be a very good option or Schürrle though they are much less experienced than Poldi..

Anyways, all the best for the next matches boys..

• wisita, my dear... you'r right, now after 2 games in the euro 2012, everbody know what is it the Nationalmanchaft...