Bayern Munich 2012- CL, Bundesliga, German Cup

• I think Heynckes might see Shaqiri and possibilly Mueller/Kroos as Robben/Ribery's backup. I think we are fine on that area. However, I do agree that we need another skillful striker to either partner up or replace Gomez when needed

• Although Hoeness has given up hope on both Bender and Martinez, looks like Sammer has more of a winning menality. He believes Bayern can still sign Martinez if we are willing to pay 40mil Euros. I agree that we need to sign Martinez for the sake of no just central midfield, but in fact, for Boateng/Van Buyten's position as both of them have been inconsistent during friendlies

• Although Bayern has won against Hamburg, Bayern's defence was again exposed against Werder Bremen. I really hope Sammer & Heynckes would do something and sign a top quality defensive midfielder or a central defender to add quality to our backline instead of quantity, bc we need more quality there.

Beside, Gomez will be out for a number of weeks after Bremen's match. I personally think we might not sign another striker but will see on how Mandzukic and Pizzaro can handle it

• I dont like Bender is better than Gustavo as defensive midfielder. In fact, Gustavo is one of the keys that Bayern beat Real Madrid last season. He was worldclass in midfield, much better than Schweinsteiger, against Real Madrid.

Personally, I think Bayern should sign a central defender, who plays as central midfielder too. Martinez, De Rossi or Vidic is on mind. Obviously, Martinez would be the best, but De Rossi could be much cheaper

• Bayern Munich vs Dortmund (Preview)

Although this is not an official season game, it is a matter of a trophy pre-season. I think both sides will play their hardest for this match. Obviously, with 30mil Euros investment, Bayern has a stronger team than last season, but not much stronger as all new players arent worldclass star. They will add depth and variety in our system, but many of our fundamental problems are solved.

• Bayern Munich vs Dortmund 2-0 (First Half)

Bayern scored two early goals and look like will finally win a tie against Dortmund. With Mandzukic and Mueller, Bayern looks more lively with attack especially in the first 15mins. However, in the next 30mins, it was a pretty even match between both teams. Without Bender and Khel, Dortmund's midfield looks lost against Bayern.

Can was lively, but wasnt too impressive compared to Alaba and Contento, but for his experience and age looks like a good long term prospect.

• Bayern Munich vs Dortmund 2-1 (Full time)

First title of the season! Although we won this encounter, I do feel that overall, Dortmund didnt play worse than us especially in the second half. We didnt create a single chance in 2nd half. Kroos and Gustavo are basically invisible in midfield- totally lost control in 2nd half. Yes, we can blame of lack of match fitness and the loss of Schweinsteiger, but the reality is that we need a worldclass player to play alongside with either Schweinsteiger or Kroos.

Martinez came calling!

• It seems more and more likely that he will be signed within the next day or so. He might be signed early enough before the dfb cup match.

• I hope to get the transfer done asap. I am pretty sure that Bayern wont be signing any more player for this coming season after Martinez. Our weakness link still remains as Boateng and Badstuber's position, as there isnt enough quality there. Although Martinez can play as central defender, I doubt Heynckes will play him there.

Beside, Martinez would be the first big signings after Sammer came on board as this move has been fruitful. I doubt Nerlinger can pull this transfer off. He hasnt had the connection and the vision to pull off any big transfers for the past 2 seasons

• Regensburg vs Bayern Munich 0-1 (First half)

First competitive match of the season for Bayern! This is probably one of the worst performance from this recent Bayern team. Against a 2nd division team, players like Mueller, Kroos and Robben continue to lose control in the final third and players like Badstuber, Boateng and Can, have all been exposed once during the first half. If we are against a better team, even an average Bundesilga team, we would have conceded a goal or two.