Bayern Munich 2013- CL, Bundesilga, German Cup

• interesting to see who will start in defensive midfield, Lahm or Martinez ?

I do hope it's Martinez as Lahm starts at right-back!

• we didn´t play well that´s why pilsen seemed to be better than last week.
    of course they were motivated---nothing to lose---they wanted to play a good game at home for their fans

• Viktoria Plzeň played better at home than at away, thats for sure. But Bayern's form has already dipped a bit after narrowly won against Hertha Berlin, Hoffenheim and Viktoria Plzeň. I think our final third movement and possession arent as good as last season even with an additional player up front instead of sitting both Schweinsteiger and Martinez in midfield line.

Hopefully, we could hit ground against Augsburg and create history. More importantly, get prepared for the big match against Dortmund which could be a title contending match if we are able to spread ourselves a bit further with them

• A much better performance though augsburg also had their moments, strange to see Lahm playing in an advanced roll.

I personally think Lahm should go back to right-back because Rafinha is not very secure!

But congs to the Team for breaking hsv's 30 year record!

• I think Lahm will return to right defender position when other players return. However, i think Lahm is doing a good job as defensive midfielder/holding midfielder in Pep's new formation. As Lahm gets older, I think there is a possibility that he will resume this role as his speed will start declining in about 2 years time. Furthermore, i agree that Rafinha isnt a long term solution as right defender although he did decent against most of the Bundesilga teams... but he isnt up for the big stage in Champion League.

• it's all jelling together now apart from a few defensive frailties which need to be cut out before we meet the big boys in the CL!

Looks like Rafinha is the weakest link in defense, that needs to remedied!

:x

• 7 - 0, I have no words but praise. This Team is well truly getting into the groove!

:x;-)

• what a pathetic 2nd half against man. city, this should be a lesson to be learnt like NOW!

Bayern took things for granted after taking a 2-0 lead!

:-[:(

• Very true :( The leason here is to never underestimate your opponents and never stop playing until the final whistle blows!
    They stoped playing after the first 30 minutes and Man. City took that chance when Bayern was sleeping and punished them for it.
    I hope this won't happen ever again. :x

• Martinez in defence ?? :( what was he doing there ?????

it's clear he is much more effective in the midfield holding roll!

:x:x:x:x:x

• & now Pep still insists that Martinez can play as a central defender. He has played there before but to disastrous effect, most especially when he was at bilbao!

:x

• I didn't see that aggressive energy level in Bayern's boys last night. Defense was a complete mess last night plus it was well anticipated that Madrid would put stress on defense rather than offence and would try scoring counter attacking since both Alaba and Lahm have a habit of getting in the forward position during the game. They have to focus on this particular aspect in the second leg. Well lets keep our finger crossed. Hope for the best:)