Posts by charlievarela

I was just reading that ksparx, so I guess we will stick with Contento. I have said this once and will say it gain, he is a great talented young player who has fantastic chemistry with Ribery in the left flank.

Rummenigge on a LB:

"We were ready to make a transfer on that position. We had two players who would have been ready to sign a contract, but the coach viewed this differently and wants to play Diego Contento as left back."

-------------------------------Butt---------------------------------
    ----Lahm - Van Buyten - Badstuber - Contento----
    Robben - Van Bommel - Schweinsteiger - Ribery
    ------------------------Mueller/Kroos--------------------------
    --------------------------------Olic--------------------------------

OR

-------------------------------Butt---------------------------------
    ----Lahm - Van Buyten - Badstuber - Contento----
    Robben - Van Bommel - Schweinsteiger - Ribery
    -------------------------------Kroos------------------------------
    ------------------------------Mueller-----------------------------

Andreas Ottl wants to convince Louis van Gaal that he's future in Bayern Munich is not over.

http://www.tz-online.de/sport/…-durchbeissen-850512.html

Sorry Ottl, but I dont see u starting.

Bayern Munich boss Louis van Gaal has told midfielder Anatoliy Tymoschuk he should leave the club.

Tymoschuk, 31, has struggled to break into the Bayern team since his arrival from Zenit St Petersburg last summer and, with Bastian Schweinsteiger and Mark van Bommel both having impressed of late, Van Gaal has suggested he should look for another club.

"Tymoschuk's prospects are not very bright," he told Kicker. "Schweinsteiger is in the form of his life, Van Bommel is the captain. It looks tough.

"If a player doesn't play or doesn't have bright prospects then I would leave if I were them. I will not say to anybody who wants to leave that he is not allowed to, apart from my captain and three or four other players."

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/n…y?id=809761&sec=transfers

He was bound to leave sooner or later.

Pranjic wants to play alongside Schweinsteiger in midfield.

http://www.tz-online.de/sport/…ningslager-tz-850798.html

I cant say he plays bad in that position, its something interesting to consider.

Bayern won't go higher than €20 million for Coentrao. If they fail to agree a deal, they'll go into the season with Contento on the left.

(Kicker)

I think Contento can be great as well, if Benfica rejects our offer then atleast we have or youth talent.

I am Now in Germany today i got an appointment with the chairman of bayern munich

http://twitter.com/andreayew

Its amazing how usefull twitter is. Maybe we will have a new player soon :)

Braafheid, Ottl and Sosa want to stay, although they have been told they are no longer a part of the club's plans.

Bayern will now look to sell other players like Tymoshchuk.

(Kicker)

Lets get what we need!

I wouldnt worry about Schweinsteiger for now, he still has a contract until 2012, besides that a person can change. Maybe Schweinsteiger will finally understand how loved he is at Bayern.

The problem with signing Chiellini is that Badstuber couldnt start, they r both left footed. I think Bayern favors their youth, but Vidic is a great option as well. He could partner up with Badstuber.

Hope Coentrao joins, he would be an excellent addition, hope Benfica agree to the latest offer (20 million, plus another 5 million depending on performances + Braafheid).

I doubt Gomez will be sold so soon, he will be given 2nd chance. If he fails then sure lets go for Dzeko.

Bayern already has 5 CBs, though for what I know Sakho can also play as an LB. Interesting player no doubt, very talented, but is he what Bayern needs at the moment?

Atleast Im glad Bayern have options, personally I would reconsider both Demichelis and Van Buyten. Some fresh blood would do good in center defence.

Coentrao would be a fantastic addition, imagine Lahm-Robben and Coentrao-Ribery, quite a force indeed.

On Gomez I think he will go nowhere, Bayern will give him more chance, he did cost 30 million after all.

Tuttosport claims Bayern are the latest in a long line of clubs to make enquiries for the stopper, who is hoping for bigger wages from Juventus.

Bayern are ready to table an appealing €22million bid for 'King Kong' - an offer that could sway Juve's stance, as well as offer the wages Chiellini wants.

And his agent has confirmed Bayern are interested, as are Real Madrid who appear to have reignited the bundle of kindling, but no concrete dialogue has been opened thus far.

"I have not received official offers, but the interest from Bayern and Real Madrid is nice and we are proud of this.

http://www.goal.com/en-india/n…juventus-defender-giorgio

Great defender, but the problem is that he is left footed and so is Badstuber, hence only one of them can start. I dont think this transfer will go through.

"A Bola" reports that Bayern have offered Benfica 20 million Euros, plus another 5 million depending on performances, for Coentrao.

Braafheid has also been included in the deal.

http://sportalplus.com/sportch…10/07/20/12523700000.html

Fantastic deal, I hope that Benfica agrees. Coentrao would be a fine addition to Bayern. He is my first choice as Bayerns new LB if not him then I prefer Contento to start

Real Madrid are reportedly ready to tempt Bayern Munich into parting with star midfielder Bastian Schweinsteiger by including Rafael van der Vaart in a possible deal. Bayern coach Louis Van Gaal is a known admirer of his compatriot who has found playing time hard to come by in the Spanish capital, particularly after the arrival of Brazilian superstar Kaka last summer. Madrid-based daily 'AS' reported that any deal for Schweini could shelve coach Jose Mourinho's plans to bring in his Stuttgart-based international colleague Sami Khedira.

http://www.bild.de/BILD/news/b…,rendertext=13363894.html

They can try, but Bayern wont sell Schweinsteiger. Even if they tried to swap Kaka or C. Ronaldo, I would still not sell.

Van Gaal on possible new additions: "I'm always looking at players. I'm looking at van der Wiel, at Coentrao, at Caceres. If we can reinforce ourselves, we will buy. But I am not a coach who simply buys. I am a coach who wants to and who can improve the players."

http://www.bild.de/BILD/news/b…-ribery-and-hitzfeld.html

His primary position is centre back, but he can also play at right-back and left-back. I think that he is a much better option than Van der Wiel. A talented and veersatile young player, I would like to see another Latin in the squad. He is currently loaned to Juventus from Barcelona, with the option of permanent stay for 11 million.

Lahm is going nowhere, the rumor says that Manu r ready to give us berbatov and Park, 2 players we dont need. Lets not take every rumor seriously.

Squad news:

Van Gaal says Contento is a better leftback than Badstuber, he will try to move the latter to LCB.

Van Gaal says Kroos is a number 10, he has to battle with Müller for that spot.

Van Gaal says Breno is a fast player that can improve our build-up from the back.

http://www.sueddeutsche.de/spo…r-sind-wunderbar-1.976605

Looks like we wont see both Mueller and Kroos play together this season, hope Van Gaal reconsiders this. Glad to hear that Badstuber will probably be CB, Contento is the rea LB. Hope Breno recovers quickly, it is said he will be ready by December, we need a fast CB.

Van Gaal:
    - Bayern needs a back-up for Lahm; Van der Wiel would not be happy as a back-up
    - "I think we have the best right flank in the world with Lahm and Robben"
    - If they buy a leftback, he has to be better than Contento and Braafheid, and they aren't paying 30 or 15 million Euros.

http://www.tz-online.de/sport/…der-wiel-meta-845932.html

Glad to hear this from Van Gaal, Corchia should be signed as Lahms backup and Coentrao for our new LB, if not then lets give Contento a chance.

"I want to be a national team coach," he revealed to Kicker magazine.

"Therefore, maybe I will extend my contract here by one year until 2012 and then take over a country (after Euro 2012).

http://www.breakingnews.ie/spo…g-bayern-exit-465995.html

I hope he stays beyond 2012.

According to Croatian newspaper "Sportskenovosti", Wolfsburg are interested in swapping Dzeko for Gomez + 18 million Euros.

"TZ" claims Dzeko's preferred destination is Bayern.

http://www.tz-online.de/sport/…-wolfsburg-tz-845289.html

This offer is not new, it first appeared May 10th, but I doubt Bayern wil go for it. Gomez will be given a second chance.

Hoeness cancels bid for German league presidency

"I would get myself into too many conflicts of interest," Hoeness said. "There were three main reasons that led me not to hand in my application."

http://www.dw-world.de/dw/article/0,,5813988,00.html

Good, now he can solely focus on Bayern :)

Alaba was impressive against Enlgand U-19. Heres a video, enjoy:

This kid is great, a very versatile player. Possible replacement for Van Bommel.

Its Bayerns passive transfer policy all over, this is the time for change. The way I see it is that its either VAn der Wiel or Coentrao joining, thats pretty much it. Perhaps also a back up RB if Van der Wiel isnt signed (Corchia) and a replacement for Sosa (Ayew or other). Im sure we all agree that changes need to be made if Bayern want to win the CL.

Seems Schweini is now the key actor of this summer's soap-opera and this is probably just the beging of it. However, I wouldn't worry much, at least not yet, especially considering Bayern, who were firm on not letting Ribery go, said they won't sell Schweini.

bbjtin : I have thought about that, Kroos is not a CM and is not a player that you can give defensive responsabilities to. He is offensive, Kroos hardly has done any good for the NT at that position. Then again he could learn, but I guess we will see with time.

Oezil joining Bayern the next summer? I dont think he will join us, he is most likely to go to Barcelona and maybe later on consider Bayern, probably when Riberys contract is about to expire. There is no need for him at the moment and there would be no place to fit him in the starting XI. Personally I prefer using Mueller and Kroos, we cant have all youth talents.

Investment is neccessary, but management doesnt see it that way, we cant force things sadly even if they have to happen. For the time being, dont expect many changes.......

And I agree, Bayern does in fact need to reinfoce, the problem is that management doesnt see it that way, they rather continue their passive transfer policy than to take neccessary action.

Klose doesnt want to leave and management doesnt seem to want to let him go. He will probably stay one more season and play as a super sub.

Gomez cost Bayern 30 million, so they wont try to sell him just yet. After just one season selling him doesnt make much sense, he will be given a second chance.

Oezil is a great player, but there is no way he will join Bayern anytime soon. He might later on when Riberys contract is close to expire, but not before. Sitting in the bench would do no good for him and besides that signing him would be a slap in the face to returning Kroos. By the way Oezil has pledged he will stay at Bremen until his contract expires 2011.

Van der Wiel would not have been my choice, but it looks very likely that he will join, hope he does well. Guess we will be seeing Lahm back in the left. Coentrao is old history, Bayern has already given up on signing him.

"SportBild": During the World Cup, the Bayern board asked Lahm if he was fine with moving back to LB as they couldn't find a LB. Lahm said yes. They have reached an agreement with Van der Wiel, but not yet with Ajax Amsterdam over the transfer fee.

Personally I dont like the idea, but looks very likely to happen.

¨Bayern have reportedly joined a number of clubs in the race for Edinson Cavani (23).

Wolfsburg are said to have offered 22 million Euros to Palermo for the Uruguayan attacker.¨

http://www.sportalplus.com/spo…10/07/13/12470100000.html

No real need for him, we have Klose, Olic, Gomez and Mueller.

¨Which team should I play for Bayern Munich or Manchester City please help to choose?

next week busy schedule because i have to talk with the presidents and chairman of Bayern and Man. City

Now Just enjoying of my Holiday here in ghana next week i ll be in Uk And germany ¨

http://twitter.com/andreAyew

Not the best source, but seems that Bayern r quite keen on signing him. Personally I think Ayew needs playing time and in Bayern he will be a sub.

@ All:

As much as I agree with the need of a worldclass CB and an ST, Im positive it wont happen.

With the promotion of Haas there r currently 5 CBs, one who is still not fully fit from his knee injury (Breno). So as much as I would like a player like Vidic, at this moment it wont happen.

Klose is staying and after this WC Bayern wont sell him, Olic still has a lot to offer, Mueller is great (has a lot of potential) and Gomez will be given a second chance, no doubt.

On Van der Wiel, my real problem is that Lahm will have to go back to the left and personally I dont think thats good. Also, I think that Van der Wiel doesnt have a good chemistry with Robben in the Dutch NT, his performance in the final was far from great. And his price tag is quite exagerated, it be great to stay with Contento as an LB (I think e has great chemistry with Ribery in the left flank), but management doesnt seem to have much faith in him.

Neuer wont come just yet, its will take atleast 1 more season. Haas was promoted recently ruling out any chance of Bayern buying any other CB, its more likely that Demichelis will be sold. Personally I would have preffered Bayern to sign Vidic, but oh well, hope Van Gaals faith on youth pays off once again.

In an interview with Bild, Bayern Munich CEO Karl-Heinz Rummenigge has confirmed that the German champions have given up their interest in Portuguese left back Fabio Coentrao.

"Coentrao is a great player, but we are not even close to paying Benfica the money they are looking for," said the former Germany international. "They've got exorbitant demands, this deal is off."

I guess Vander Wiel will join and its Lahm back to the left is looking more likely now.......

Latest news:

"Sosa set to join Parma, according to Italian media."

"According to "Le Parisien", Bayern are interested in André Ayew (20) as a replacement for outgoing Jose Sosa.

Bayern are said to have contacted Olympique Marseille for the services of Ghanian attacking allrounder.'

http://www.tz-online.de/sport/…sa-andre-ayew-837686.html

Glad Sosa is leaving, but not sure about Ayew. Personally I think Van Gaal will prefer to promote some youth.

"FC Bayern are reportedly interested in Xabi Alonso (28) and are said to be seeking talks with Real Madrid.

Another option is supposedly Juve's Felipe Melo (26)."

http://sportalplus.com/sportch…10/07/12/12463000000.html

Its just a rumor, but its nice to mess with Real Madrid. They say they want our players then we will do the same with theirs :D

"According to "Kicker", Barcelona are also interested in Van Der Wiel as a back-up for Dani Alves, although Bayern have reportedly agreed a 17 million euros transfer fee with Ajax for the player. However, Van Der Wiel himself has not decided yet. A decision is expected in the next few days."

Hope Barcelona buys this guy, I dont want to see him at Bayern. What a waste of money, its quite clear at this point and he hasnt even joined yet. I dont want Lahm going back to the left, I mean the man is switches sides every season, that aint right. Coentrao as new LB sounds like a better option to me and Im sure to many other fans.

Van der Wiel and Pereira r similar in the way that they r both talented offensively, but somewhat poor defensively. Besides that Pereiras buy out clause is 20 million, personally I dont think its worth it.

Moving Van der Wiel to the left, to be honest Im not sure if that would work, but then again Wiel is young and could probably adapt. I doubt Pereira will join, I would love to see another Latin in the squad, but I dont see it happening (Pereira joining).

Oh and by the way Maximilian Haas has been promoted (Im sure u all r aware of this), which means Bayern has 5 CBs, Van Gaal wants 2 men for each position so someone will probably have to go. Lets see Van Buytens contract was extended, Badstuber is very talented and Bayern youth, Nerlinger has a lot of faith on Breno (who is still not fully recovered from his knee injury) or the recently promoted Haas. So bye bye DEMICHELIS :) This also means that no new CB will be signed.